All reviews chef dave key west fish bartender slip gulf florida
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Nightmare just to get started it's no resort byfar it's grimmie the rooms are filthy it's just awful,my anniversary was ruined. We were so dissapointed with everything in this place
a complete nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would'nt recommend this place to a rat

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The rooms have missing tiles in the ceiling, broken cabinets, window air conditioners that didn't work well (it was over 80 degrees in the room all day), and many other areas in disrepair. It was shocking. Due to the awful accommodations we had to leave a day early, which we were led to believe would not be charged to us. But, guess what? We were charged anyway. I called to talk to them about it and they wouldn't do anything but to say I'd have a credit for a day anytime I come back. I told them I'd never come back. So, buyer beware - don't fall for the pretty pictures on the websites showing this awful place.

Room tip: Don't stay at this place at all unless you have very low standards. Also, kitchenette is a joke, and internet is not always working.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank J6634HJdavidm
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We have been going to the Keys for several years during the summer months and tried many places. Finally found our favorite spot!! Smugglers Cove is what we were looking for! True Keys experience. It's not the Ritz but it's not suppose to be. They keep it clean. The bar has good drinks and the food was not too shabby! All in all great time!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

There are so many other options in the area that you don't need to waste your time or money here. Poor service as well as allowing a customer to sit at the bar with no shirt with a back full or pimples pretty much did it for us

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike N
Smugglers R, Manager at Smugglers Cove Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Hi Mike,
Thank you for stayting at Smuggler's Cove and for your review.
We are located on the Gulf of Mexico and offer various water sport activities. Guests normally come dressed for their adventure. Some come in bathing suits, some in shorts, most all come in flip flops. We offer snorkeling adventures, scuba diving, jet skiing, back country charters, kayaking and so much more. Part of the magic of Smugglers Cove is the ability to "stay and play" without having to leave the property. There are many other resorts on the Island, but none have the water activities, a full restaurant, a full bar, nightly live music, free parking and free wifi. We are all this, in addition to being pet friendly.

I am sorry you felt uncomfortable about a patron at the bar. Most certainly had you mentioned it when you were here, we could have repositioned tables or chairs to make your experience more enjoyable.

Aimee Matz
954-993-3036

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. Firstly the positives. The rooms are a great size. 2 large beds. Decent shower. Clean. The bar is friendly and a good place to hang out for an hour or so. Negatives. They are a little disorganised. On arrival they couldn't find our booking but luckily had a room. There is a slightly disfunctional feel about the place but if you like quirky (which we do) then it's a decent place to stay in a great location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Diannenewman,
Thank you for staying with Smugglers Cove and also for your review. I am happy you enjoyed the location, the rooms and the beds. Three very important factors:) Thank you also for visiting the bar and restaurant. It is a fun "hang" out, the locals as well as our resort guests always have a great time!
I want to apologize for appearing disorganized, however with all the "on-line" hotel resrvation and booking options, (booking.com, expedia, hotels.com etc.) there are instances in which a reservation is made and we do not see it immediately.
Love the reference to quirky:) I like that too when I travel.
I hope you took home a lot of magical memories from your stay at Smugglers Cove in The Florida Keys. We'd be honored to be your host on your next visit.
"Sea" you soon,