“Must stop here on the way to Key West”

Smugglers Cove Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #37 of 99 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smugglers Cove Restaurant and Bar located at mm 85.5 Bayside is one of the locals favorite with convenient access by car or by boat.Framed by the beautiful marina with a view where you will get a glimpse of an occasional dolphin or tarpon, this restaurant has gained a reputation as the place for delicious food and great entertainment. A menu that offers a blend of cuisines and influences mixing Maine with American and Floridian Seafood dishes….Chef Josh is constantly creating new daily specials for the menu, which is sure to please every guest even vegetarians. Also available is a kids menu that is sure to please every kid even the fussiest!A late nite menu is available that reflects the freshest local fish and burgers as well as the finest variety of appetizers. Open Seven Days a Week from 11am to 12midnight, with entertainment every Monday through Sunday makes Smugglers Cove not only the best place to eat, but also the best entertainment too!
Reviewed 26 August 2018

If you get hungry on your way to Key West this is a really neat hidden away place. Nothing fancy, just laid back Keys. The Burgers are big and juicy and the shrimp/conch fritters are very fresh. I recommend the lobster sandwich. Parking space is at a premium.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Nice little bar with good food, drinks, and a family-oriented welcoming staff and owner. Perfect place to stop at for a bite to eat while going through the keys.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

In no particular order......

Really enjoyed the fried cheese curds for an appetizer along with perfect cocktails (Bloody Mary and Pina Colada). Appetizer arrived quickly and hot.

The onion burger is the best tasting burger I can remember having, and the lobster was cooked to perfection, also had some tasty conch fritters along with it.

My wife and I chilled and watched the boats come and go. There is a cat that hangs out to see what food comes his way. It’s hard to describe in one word the setting/ambience of this place. This place is not a fancy white linen table place nor is it an over decorated over engineered cute seafood restaurant. All that matters to us is good food and service, and that’s what we got. In fact, I would give the food/value 5 stars.

FYI—- We met Dave, the GM, he has returned to run the show, it appears he is stepping things up, things going in the right direction.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I bought a groupon for Smugglers cove, the deal was I paid $29 for $50 worth of food. Sumgglers Cove had a small menu selection but the food was reasonably priced.
Personally i thought the food was very good. I ordered the lobster sandwich and my family ordered the steak sandwich, fish taco and steak fajita and we all enjoyed our meals. My lobster sandwich came out a little after my family's food but it was worth the wait (they only had one chef so it took a while to make all of our meals). Personally I enjoyed this food better then Waahoo's bar and grill which is located a little further down the road. Overall it was a good experience. The place is a little run down but it has a very laid back vibe. Overall I would say the groupon was worth it (I would recommend looking up the menu before purchasing the groupon just to make sure they have something you like!) And our waitress Stephanie was great too.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I who are South Florida residents and eat local fish dined at this restaurant. We both ordered the snapper. The fish and side orders were well seasoned and tasty but was not the fish that we paid for. We ordered snapper but were served an inferior quality fish swai. A common practice in restaurants serving fish filet is to prey upon unknowingly diners. I will never dine nor recommend the restaurant to anyone.

Date of visit: May 2018