“Relaxing Weekend”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
houston
“Relaxing Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was in south Florida visiting family and took family there for a long weekend hust to get out of town. The weather wasnt agreeable for water activities so we went to various attractions in the area, and ate alot of good meals at various restaurants.
The resort met all of our needs and did not fall short in any way. If you were to visit and weather were problematic, rhere would still be plenty of activies.
Please understand as I am writing this review I was a South Florida resident and have been to The Keys often, so it is really like home for me.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: splurge for ocean view. Our room had a full kitchen and there is a lovelt small grocery store just a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Winnetka, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Huge property with gorgeous views and lovely grounds. We spent two nights on the north side of the resort! Only drawback was the construction site next door that started early and was very disturbing . The freshwater and salt water pools were wonderful. Prices for food and drink a bit expensive, beach is a huge concrete slab covered in a thin layer of sand so if your going for the beach this isn't for you. The landscaping could use some help and trimming. The location is wonderful and I would return again!

• Stayed March 2012
Islamorada, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We loved this place. It looked and felt like a resort right out of the 50's. It was peaceful at night and busy during the day. The location was near many restaurants and shops. There were many places within walking distance. The staff here is very friendly and helpful. If you need any advice on where to go for food or fun, just ask. This is one place we would like to visit again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I just returned from my second stay at the Islander, with my teenage daughter on her spring break. We really love this place. The rooms are comfortable and updated and the location is fabulous. I really like that each unit has a lanai with a ceiling fan - outside the rooms are beautiful palm trees, hammocks, grills and an easy walk to the pool or beach, no matter where you stay. I spent hours in the hammock reading my books, and it was lovely. The pools are clean and nicely done and we spent a lot of time in those. They have a lovely bit of beach there, and you have beach access down a set of stairs. But don't expect a traditional beach with powder sand and waves - you just don't find much of that in this part of the Keys. The staff is nice and very accommodating. The breakfast is basic - mostly cereals, bagels, coffee, juices but convenient. You are a very short drive (practically just across the street) from some of the most fun restaurants around: Lora Lei's across the street where you can have a big, inexpensive breakfast right on the water, Morada Bay (best sunset view in the area), Pierre's and the Islanmorada Fish Company. The rooms are clean and nice with tile floors, which I prefer to carpet. We found a little rust on part of the shower, which didn't bother me - but I will say that if you are expecting absolute perfection in the room, such as in a very high-end resort, you might find the Islander a little too casual for your taste. I'm generally pretty picky when it comes to rooms, and I feel really comfortable in this resort. Pillows and bedding are nice. If you like to run, walk or bike, there are lots of quiet streets around for that (but again, not the beach - it doesn't stretch that far). As far as the price, I think it's a good value - especially compared to some places that I saw online in the same price range that when I saw in person on our trip looked pretty dumpy. I think that the photos on the Islander's website are pretty true to life, which I don't think it true of all the accommodations in that area. You are just a five minute walk from the Cheeca Lodge if you want to go and check that out - and truthfully, I wouldn't even want to stay at the Lodge - I think the Islander has a lot more Keys character.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Betsy M
Conshohocken, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Amazing location right on the beach. Large pool(s) with plenty of seating. Tiki bar at the pool, overlooking the beach with great food and drinks. The rooms were nice and large. A little dated but clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nook225
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
3.4 km away
2.8 km away
La Siesta Resort & Marina
La Siesta Resort & Marina
#12 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost? Share your experiences!