“Breakfast”

Ranked #23 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Due to significant damage from Hurricane Irma, we have temporarily relocated to the former Bumby's/Bentley's building at 82779 Overseas Hwy!
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Love the food here and location. Dinner and lunch are also excellent . My only issue is the smoking-if you sit anywhere near the bar tables the smoke is unbearable. Definitely will cause me to choose elsewhere during crowded times when you might get stuck there. Should not allow smoking at tables right next to non smoking tables. IMO. I’m sure smokers will disagree! But can’t you go outside to have a smoke?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,795)

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with our family of five, including 3 kids. My teenage boys ordered the baby back ribs...these looked like the kind of ribs that are precooked that you can buy at the store...not awful but definitely not worth the price. My husband had a fried shrimp poboy...it was decent, again a little pricey for just a sandwich and fries. My daughter ordered a cheese pizza from the kids menu...clearly the frozen/microwave kind. It looked pretty gross, I hated to have her eat it. BTW, they serve the coated French fries, the ones that restaurants buy because they trap the oil and stay hot longer...ugh. Finally, I ordered the 1/2 pound steamed spiced shrimp. What came out was about 8 shrimp on a plate with some limp lettuce. The shrimp were cold, like a shrimp cocktail, but served with shells on. ??? They were not spiced. I ate the first one and realized this shrimp was way past it’s prime, and given the smell of the others, I sent the whole meal back. :( I ate my $10 Caesar salad with the croutons from a bag and dressing from a bucket.

On the upside, we had a delicious tuna nachos as an appetizer, $18. We just should have stopped there.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We first visited the Island Grill in Key Largo in 2016 and loved the food. After IRMA they lost both beachfront locations, but they haven't lost their great service or their commitment to fantastic food! The temporary sit down restaurant is small, but worth the wait. My personal favorites are the lobster tacos and the seafood salad.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came to visit while stopping through on the way up to the airport from Key West. The atmosphere was fantastic and the sushi was to die for! The Pirates Delight roll was amazing and presented beautifully on a wooden sushi boat. We will be stopping by again on our way back!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve lived in the keys for about 3 years now, and recently as I’m sure everyone else has, had to evacuate due to Hurricane Irma. The damages to our little piece of paradise were crushing, and unfortunately both the Island Grill at Snake Creek and the Island Grill at Mandalay were destroyed. However, the Island Grill came back, at this location farther into Islamorada. As a true Island Grill fan, I had to come back and see it for myself. I was absolutely not disappointed. Not only is the food exquisite as always, they’ve expanded their already voluptuous menu to include a fresh sushi bar, but the service is also top notch. I’ve been back plenty of times since the reopening of Island Grill, and I’d love to recommend you request Tabitha when you visit. She is the most personable server/bartender you will ever come across. The smile never leaves her face and her timeliness not only serving but bartending as well is exceptional. Stop in to the new island grill and see for yourself, you most certainly will not regret it.