“Always pleased at Captain Hooks”

Captain Hook's Marina & Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Hook’s Marina and Dive Center has been the place to get everything you need for a day on the ocean. We have achieved the TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence three years in a row now. Our services include diving & snorkeling trips, Thunderbolt wreck and night dives, spearfishing & lobstering, dive instruction & certification, fishing charters, kayak & paddleboard tours, even SUP Yoga. Our store compliments and full supports those services with a full-service bait & tackle shop and a full-service dive shop. We have extended our business with the addition of Strike Zone Charters in Big Pine Key, now called Capt. Hook's Looe Key Reef Adventures & Strike Zone Charters. This has added multiple dive sites, another wreck called the Adolphus Busch Sr., and another beautiful sanctuary and premier dive and snorkel site...Looe Key Reef.
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I have been using this marina and dive center for years now and it always has great service. They always meet you at the dock and ask you what you need, they will grab your scuba tanks and carry them for filling. they have a wide variety of bait, live, dead, chum, oats, menhaden oil, tackle, scuba supplies,maps, ice blocks, bags, etc......don't hesitate to stop in, its right beside the Vaca Cut by the bridge.

All reviews
in 30 reviews
"snorkelers"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 24 August 2017

On holiday, thinking of something to do, thought about snorkelling, quickly looked up on the internet and chose & booked Captain Hook's - all within five minutes. If all experiences were as good as Captain Hook's, then there would not be any need for Trip Advisor; they were fantastic.

I did a morning snorkel and we were looked after by Capt Mike and Lee, the mate. There were two stops and we were given plenty of information & safety advice on each, so if you have never done anything like this before, you have nothing to worry about.

The first stop was good and you definitely need to take Mike's advice; don't swim, just float and watch what happens below you. When you do that, you see so much more. Like I said, the first stop was good.

The second stop was fantastic. Much more fish and again I spent my time just letting things unfold beneath me.

There were various kind of beautiful, colourful fish - angel fish, grouper and lots I had no idea what they were - but let me tell you, nothing prepares you for the moment when you see your first shark swimming below you. " Fish, fish, fish, fish, shark, fish.....hang on a minute!!!" A SHARK?!!!" It doesn't matter that it's a nurse shark, when you see that shape below you, you're heart is in your mouth.

I can't recommend Captain Hook's enough. I had a great day and always felt safe as the guys on deck do look after you.

1  Thank Cossy9
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Captain Hook's offers snorkeling charters that exceeded our expectations! We went out with a family of 6 (kids ages 17 down to 8) and found the crew to be exceptional. They went out of their way to provide a great experience. Stopped at two different reefs and saw amazing underwater sights. One of the Crew members joined us in the water at the second reef and showed the kids many of the wonders of the reef That would have gone unnoticed. All in all a stop that was well worth it and a must see experience!

1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We were staying at Hawks Cay in Duck Key and had been preparing to do their snorkeling tour for $45 per person. But the day we were arriving I read a review that recommended Captain Hooks. So I looked them up and found their tour was only $29 per person, so we were sold. What a great trip it was, the crew was great, the boat ride was fun, and was like 2 tours in 1 since they take you to 2 different reefs. Very much like swimming in an aquarium! Highly recommend this tour to anyone staying in Duck or Marathon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We had an AMAZING day snorkeling today!! It was first time snorkeling for my wife & kids and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! Capt Bob, First Mate Lee & Dive Master Esteban were a fantastic crew to lead us on our excursion. Got to see all kinds of fish at 'Coffin Patch'. It was like swimming in an aquarium. Even saw a small 3ft nurse shark. Our first stop 'the Donut' was amazing too. Saw sea turtles there too. A Hawksbill (that First Mate Lee named Pancake), was extremely friendly. He surfaced right in between my son & I (and my son absolutely LOVES sea turtles). Couldn't have asked for a better experience!
Thank you to the Crew for an amazing day! 10 out of 10!!