“Professional and fun”

Captain Hook's Marina & Dive Center
Ranked #6 of 80 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Hook’s Marina and Dive Center has been the place to get everything you need for a day on the water. We have won the TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence three years in a row now and we are here to show you the best time here in the Florida Keys. Charters for fishing, diving, snorkeling, dive instruction and certification; bait and tackle; scuba equipment and air tanks; boat rentals; snacks and beverages—we have all the supplies you’ll need to enjoy an area celebrated for world-class fishing, diving and all water sports. We now offer paddleboard and kayak rentals and tours, and kiteboarding too! Check with our staff to see when the next sunset cruise will be departing...they are great fun.
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I want to recognize first mate Lee for his professionalism and his interacting with the group. He was knowledgeable of the history and geography of the areas we traveled as he would entertain us passengers on the way to our destination. My 2 daughters that are 6 and 8 really enjoyed his interaction and sense of humor he brought to the trip. We will return soon I know that for sure!! Lee, you stay an all star rep for a great dive company!!! They are lucky to have you!!! See you soon Captain Hooks!!!

All reviews
"the jolly roger"
"coffins patch"
in 20 reviews
"the reefs"
in 38 reviews
"the holiday inn express"
in 10 reviews
in 18 reviews
"middle keys"
"the florida keys"

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Provided excellent scuba tank rentals with air fills included each day during a week-long dive vacation in Marathon. Very friendly and courteous folks who made the rental of 4 tanks simple with excellent air re-fill service each day, Also bought fuel for our 23-foot rental boat there with very efficient dockside fuel service. Have done vacation-related business with them going back to 1983.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I want to thank Captain Mike and first mate Steve for a wonderful sunset cruise!!Mike and Steve were very informative about the keys.Discussed the history of the reefs and local sites.But the Highlight was the sunset itself!!! This cruise is a must for those who love nature!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I have been using this marina and dive center for years now and it always has great service. They always meet you at the dock and ask you what you need, they will grab your scuba tanks and carry them for filling. they have a wide variety of bait, live, dead, chum, oats, menhaden oil, tackle, scuba supplies,maps, ice blocks, bags, etc......don't hesitate to stop in, its right beside the Vaca Cut by the bridge.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2017

On holiday, thinking of something to do, thought about snorkelling, quickly looked up on the internet and chose & booked Captain Hook's - all within five minutes. If all experiences were as good as Captain Hook's, then there would not be any need for Trip Advisor; they were fantastic.

I did a morning snorkel and we were looked after by Capt Mike and Lee, the mate. There were two stops and we were given plenty of information & safety advice on each, so if you have never done anything like this before, you have nothing to worry about.

The first stop was good and you definitely need to take Mike's advice; don't swim, just float and watch what happens below you. When you do that, you see so much more. Like I said, the first stop was good.

The second stop was fantastic. Much more fish and again I spent my time just letting things unfold beneath me.

There were various kind of beautiful, colourful fish - angel fish, grouper and lots I had no idea what they were - but let me tell you, nothing prepares you for the moment when you see your first shark swimming below you. " Fish, fish, fish, fish, shark, fish.....hang on a minute!!!" A SHARK?!!!" It doesn't matter that it's a nurse shark, when you see that shape below you, you're heart is in your mouth.

I can't recommend Captain Hook's enough. I had a great day and always felt safe as the guys on deck do look after you.