“Great place for dinner”

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$15 - US$52
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Probably the nicest restaurant in Marathon, wonderful menu, but doesn't have a full bar. Wine list is fabulous!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We asked around where to eat dinner and many in Marathon recommended the Barracuda Grill - they were right! Cool, casual atmosphere with class made extra fun by letting the guests draw with crayons their own original pictures and/or designs on the heavy paper table "cloths". Food was nicely done and yummy. Service was great by our server "Kasey". This visit was shortly after Hurricane Irma and this place was already back up to par. We'd gladly recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank 576ivyf
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We had the tomato bisque to start and it was absolutely fabulous! We enjoyed the paper Table cloth and played tic-tac-toe with our 14 year old son. Love all the barracuda artwork on the walls inside this funky fifties building. It's just slightly fancy for of the typical keys and definitely very pricey otherwise I'd give it 5 stars.

1  Thank Advisintripering
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic experience with our family over the Christmas break. As a family tried the duck, scallops, yellow tail snapper and the mother of all ribeye. Was fabulous on all accounts. Kids also got the Mac and cheese which was fabulous! Wonderful family owned business with great servers and staff. Very family friendly, warm setting and excellent food.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We have frequented Barracuda each of the last three years of our Christmas vacations in Marathon and have never been disappointed until tonight. I returned my half eaten yellow tail snapper, the “specialty of the house” because the inside portion was grossly undercooked. The outside portion was fine. When I pointed this out to our waitress, she asked if I wanted the undercooked portion to be prepared better. Since we were nearly finished, I told her no and to bring our check. When no adjustment was made to the bill, I pointed out that I was not fully pleased with the way the fish was prepared and to inform the chef. That prompted an immediate dressing down from the owner/chef in front of my family and nearby diners, telling me that the fish was perfectly prepared, which of course it was not. Normally I would never complain or even think about writing a negative review, but in this case, I couldn’t wait to tell all about the unbelievably bad experience we had tonight, thanks to the worst customer unfriendly response I have ever received. I strongly recommend avoiding this restaurant despite the friendly and engaging wait staff because if anything is wrong with the meal, it apparently is the customer’s fault, and the owner/chef is a complete jerk. You would be better served by going to the nearby Lobster and Steak House where customers are treated the way they should be, and the food is better.

2  Thank Hitch290
jvh33, Owner at Barracuda Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

When customers fabricate a situation and then expect a complimentary settlement I do get a bit irritated. And when they openly threaten and do write a very negative TA review to litigate their intention it's rather obvious.
I call it: playing the restaurant game.
"Let's see what we can get comped here"