“Red Hot Calamari still the best”
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$15 - US$52
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We enjoyed a lovely meal at Barracuda Grill this past Saturday. The Red Hot Calamari and Shrimp is exactly as I remembered it, with a "vicious but delicious" slightly sweet and really SPICY velvety sauce. So good I can barely keep myself from raising the bowl to my lips and drinking the sauce straight!

Hubs had the chicken wings which he enjoyed. I was disappointed with my Tuna Poke. The Ahi tuna was fresh and cut into big chunks, but I found it strange that the Poke included diced red and green bell peppers and no scallions. The poke sauce with sesame seeds was fairly standard, but lacked the perk of a little heat that I expected from a poke. Perhaps I'd already fried my taste buds with the Calamari?

Service from Danielle was exceptional. That girl has a million dollar smile!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Probably the nicest restaurant in Marathon, wonderful menu, but doesn't have a full bar. Wine list is fabulous!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We asked around where to eat dinner and many in Marathon recommended the Barracuda Grill - they were right! Cool, casual atmosphere with class made extra fun by letting the guests draw with crayons their own original pictures and/or designs on the heavy paper table "cloths". Food was nicely done and yummy. Service was great by our server "Kasey". This visit was shortly after Hurricane Irma and this place was already back up to par. We'd gladly recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank 576ivyf
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We had the tomato bisque to start and it was absolutely fabulous! We enjoyed the paper Table cloth and played tic-tac-toe with our 14 year old son. Love all the barracuda artwork on the walls inside this funky fifties building. It's just slightly fancy for of the typical keys and definitely very pricey otherwise I'd give it 5 stars.

1  Thank Advisintripering
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic experience with our family over the Christmas break. As a family tried the duck, scallops, yellow tail snapper and the mother of all ribeye. Was fabulous on all accounts. Kids also got the Mac and cheese which was fabulous! Wonderful family owned business with great servers and staff. Very family friendly, warm setting and excellent food.