“Third time is the charm!”
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$15 - US$52
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed 25 January 2018

My wife and I dined at Barracuda Grill on Saturday and Weds the week of Jan 20th and I must say that it is still excellent. I think Lance has decreased the spice "slightly" on my favorite dish ever: The HOT Calamari and Shrimp which 10+ years ago was called the Firecracker shrimp (or calamari or scallops) but it's still incredibly delicious. My wife has the lamb (which I had never tried) and said that it was cooked perfectly. I had the NEW wings which are amazing. I LOVE wings that are super crispy (hate when they are fatty and chewy) and Lance crushed it on these. I wonder if he would make the wings for me in the spicy sauce he uses on his Firecracker items. Lance? :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This is the 2nd time my wife and I have eaten at the Barracuda Grill and have been highly impressed with the quality of food and service provided. The atmosphere is very enjoyable. You get what you pay for, and the Barracuda Grill is worth the premium.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

After two+ decades (and one+ hurricanes!), Jan and Lance continue to excel in Marathon. In two recent visits the tomato soup, yellow tail entree, and pork chop were more than first-rate!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We enjoyed a lovely meal at Barracuda Grill this past Saturday. The Red Hot Calamari and Shrimp is exactly as I remembered it, with a "vicious but delicious" slightly sweet and really SPICY velvety sauce. So good I can barely keep myself from raising the bowl to my lips and drinking the sauce straight!

Hubs had the chicken wings which he enjoyed. I was disappointed with my Tuna Poke. The Ahi tuna was fresh and cut into big chunks, but I found it strange that the Poke included diced red and green bell peppers and no scallions. The poke sauce with sesame seeds was fairly standard, but lacked the perk of a little heat that I expected from a poke. Perhaps I'd already fried my taste buds with the Calamari?

Service from Danielle was exceptional. That girl has a million dollar smile!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Probably the nicest restaurant in Marathon, wonderful menu, but doesn't have a full bar. Wine list is fabulous!