“Fantastico! ”

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$15 - US$52
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original definition of a restaurant used to be: owners cooking for their guests and extending the personal touch to their time at the joint, serving great food, wines, beers and having personal conversations, time allowing. That's why they come back! And that's what we attempt to do every evening that we serve dinner. Our great servers get to know you and handle the conversation when we are frankly too busy to leave the kitchen at times. After 23 years of service, I think we are going to make it!! Thank you to all that have graced our little spot over years, thanks a million!! Lance and Jan Hill, Chefs/Owners (and by the way, we love kids, have a few of our own, and provide a special menu just for them!) Please check Victoria Shearer's new book that just came out: Florida Keys & Key West Chef's Table, to grab a recipe or two :) Our menu is updated and printed daily. As a side note: we are not the least expensive restaurant in town, nor are we the most expensive. We provide an honest example of the expense to this site for your comparison. And the menu is hung just outside the front door. We do not automatically add a gratuity as routine. In this life I've found, you truly get what you pay for. At Barracuda Grill we respect that adage, respect your business and attempt to earn it every night we offer service (Thursday thru Saturday). PS. We are in the twilight of our cooking careers and look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

So... ya pretty much the best meal in town. Fine dinning with a casual atmosphere. I had the Lamb, wife had the baby steak. Each was wonderfully cooked and presentation was excellent!
Miami dinning in the Keys! Ask for Rachel was very attentive, and took great care of us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Spent the week in Key West and was not impressed with the restaurants. A local told me to make the trip up to the Barracuda Grill. I am so happy that I did. The flavors the chef concocts are taste-bud tingling. The perfect amount of spice. The very nice waitress recommended the spicy calamari which was a treat. I love lamb so I went for that option and it was cooked perfectly. I was alone but they put me at a four top table and didn't make me feel rushed. EVERYTHING was wonderful! DON'T MISS IT!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

My wife and I dined at Barracuda Grill on Saturday and Weds the week of Jan 20th and I must say that it is still excellent. I think Lance has decreased the spice "slightly" on my favorite dish ever: The HOT Calamari and Shrimp which 10+ years ago was called the Firecracker shrimp (or calamari or scallops) but it's still incredibly delicious. My wife has the lamb (which I had never tried) and said that it was cooked perfectly. I had the NEW wings which are amazing. I LOVE wings that are super crispy (hate when they are fatty and chewy) and Lance crushed it on these. I wonder if he would make the wings for me in the spicy sauce he uses on his Firecracker items. Lance? :)

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This is the 2nd time my wife and I have eaten at the Barracuda Grill and have been highly impressed with the quality of food and service provided. The atmosphere is very enjoyable. You get what you pay for, and the Barracuda Grill is worth the premium.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

After two+ decades (and one+ hurricanes!), Jan and Lance continue to excel in Marathon. In two recent visits the tomato soup, yellow tail entree, and pork chop were more than first-rate!