“Very tasty, causal place to get amazing thai food”

Takara Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I got the drunken noodles (which I get at every thai restaurant) the flavors were very good and it came in a large portion for about $11, I got tofu on it and it was crunchy and perfectly cooked. I got the tofu soup also expecting it to be pretty plain but the flavors were amazing, kind of garlicky and gingery. My sister got the ginger soup and it was just as good. Staff was very friendly, would recommend this place to everyone! Also this place is very casual expect a low-key vibe about it.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

This is a tiny little place across the highway from the Marathon City Marina and it is well worth checking out. Too bad they are only open for dinner; we would frequent it if they were open for lunch, but maybe that will come with their increasing popularity. My wife had some excellent massaman curry and I had probably the best drunken noodles that I have ever had anywhere. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is quite neat and clean on the inside, and prices are reasonable for a dinner menu.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

We enjoy stopping for dinner here, the food is always fresh and tasty. Sometimes noisy other times not ... that, as in with most restaurants is hit or miss ... but we sure love their cooking !!

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I couldn't wait to get back to Marathon to eat here again. The food is fresh and the sauces that come with the entrees are flavorful and not overly thick or gooey. Spicy entrees can be ordered by degree of heat preferred. There is an extensive menu with Japanese, Thai and sushi and even hot pot. I ate Spicy Herb Noodle with shrimp which came with 5 large shrimp and a variety of vegetables. My husband had a shrimp vegetable entree with rice. This is not a fancy restaurant but service was prompt. There is a children's menu.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I love this place, the food is really delicious and the service was excellent. I would say that for take out it is a little pricey, and my only criticism for dining in was that there was no atmosphere. They really need some background music! Food is great though, which is the main thing!