4,194 results
All reviews the butterfly cafe adult pool family pool three bedroom lagoon pool tj's tiki bar bedroom beachfront beach front main pool key west master bedroom putting green water sports turtle hospital full kitchen sea grass adirondack chairs
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We just spent the first week of February there and had a wonderful time. We have a 2 yr daughter and having all the creature comforts of home (full kitchen, multiple bedrooms, everything clean and accessible, etc.) made it very easy to enjoy ourselves as a family with a small child. While very family friendly, they have divided the property nicely so that those without children can enjoy the scenery without the impact of the families. We spent many hours sitting out on the decks enjoying the views of the ocean (it looks as though every unit has good views). Our daughter loved playing in the sand (great beach, especially for the keys!) and swimming in the pool (having a walk-in ramp was so nice for the younger kids learning how to swim). The weather was high of 80, low of 70 every day we were there, so we enjoyed taking out the kayaks and paddle boards. From the beautifully maintained landscaping, to the pools and beaches, and the well appointed condos, they have done a fantastic job with this property. We definitely look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsey K
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Small fabulously maintained resort. Pools are nice, great location and views. Really a first rate spot. We rented a three bedroom right on the water and with a 16 and a 15 year old, and the unit was perfect. As for negatives, a little nitpicking is all I can offer in that I wish there was a breakfast restaurant on the grounds and the smell from the beach can be awful when the wind is not helping but that is a common issue in the Keys.

Staff was very friendly. The on-site restaurant is as fancy as you would find in the Keys but still relaxed. It deserves its own review because the dinner they serve is pricey but outstanding.

I would heartily recommend. I really don't give 5 stars as i am saving those for the truly ridiculous experiences but if I could go 4.5, I would. I think this place is a great value for those needing more room and would like to experience an outstanding little resort.

Room Tip: They are all great, but a waterfront end unit is the best. Waterfront also has the added benefit of being the furthest from the street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I'm back! ;) here to tell u about my amazing trip I took to tranquility bay in December... It was so fun my family and I ate butterfly cafe and it was so AWESOME I fell in love with the fish and chips! Anywho, back to the resort, the sweetest and most amazing man I have ever met is Mr. Bob Bauersachs, the resort manager. He was so accommodating with everything I needed and he defiantly made sure my entire stay was wonderful. But the one incident that disturbed my trip was one Thursday evening when there was a drunk family by the pool.They were so out of control that the hotel had to get the police involved in order to get the family under control. I felt very bad for Mr.Bauersachs because they kept yelling and cursing at him the profanity was so bad my mom decided to take me back to my room until the matter was resolved. Luckily Mr.Bauersachs managed to get the family out and I could return to my vacation of fun. The rest of my stay was wonderful and I can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Saylin V
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Just returned from a week at Tranquility Bay. Excellent, relaxing, clean place to stay. Sometimes websites make the resorts look good. In this case the website doesn't do it justice. The condos are clean and well thought out. Nice decks on each unit. The landscaping is top notch as good as in some of the nicer resorts in Hawaii. Great pool for kids and adults and a private adult pool if you want to get away from the kiddies. Tiki bar with food on the beach is aweome but could use a bathroom. Long walk to the bathroom after a few beers. The resort lacks a sorely needed hot tub, pun intended. The staff was friendly and helpful. Don't fret the sea grass, it was there, couldn't go in the water by the beach, but its a minor irritation. Highly recommend this resort for adults and people with kids. Could use more comfortable furniture in the 2 bedroom unit.

Room Tip: Get a room by the main pool..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard N
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We were three sisters together with our pre teen and teenage girls. The accomodations were wonderful. Our unit was spotless, nicely decorated and had a great view. It was windy for our visit but we made full use of the tiki bar and had great service. We celebrated a birthday in the restruant one evening, the food was very good. I can't wait to return, we all loved ti.

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 80, great location
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family