“Still great”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We have breakfast here every time we vacation. It’s fresh and delicious. Parking can be tough but it’s always worth it

1  Thank Darlene B

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Typical breakfast type place with ample portions. Mad house when we arrived. Went up to counter to ask for menu and waitress told me to move out of her way and ignored me. I was able to get another servers attention and was able to get service in between her serving most other tables. Overall food was decent and priced average for Keys. Our server was pleasant—just very busy. I’d go back again.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love to find good local eats, so we were excited to find The Wooden Spoon close to our hotel. The tiny establishment was packed when we arrived around 9 am. The service was excellent, and the food arrived quickly in spite of the restaurant being crowded. The food, unfortunately, was nothing special. There are no unique items. My Belgium waffle with fruit and nuts just had blueberries and bananas with a few walnuts. No whipped cream was offered. It was dry and tasteless without the syrup which was not great quality. It was in a ketchup squeeze bottle and not thick. The biscuits were big, but not very good. The restaurant overall wasn’t overly clean, and the tacky Christmas decorations need to go after the new year.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The food is wonderfully prepared and there is a whole bunch provided. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and efficient. The dining room is much like an old diner. The prices are a little higher than I expected but that won't stop me from coming back.

1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I had the veggie omlette- stuffed with fresh vegetables -and the scrapple. It was delicious! Great diner food!