While the size of this resort and convention center is impression, most other aspects are just average. Rooms are okay, yet show signs of age for having just been renovated. On that note, they apparently just underwent a $50M renovation however you can't even tell. Not sure where they spent the $50M.
Service here is mediocre at best. My atrium reservation was lost and I ended up with an exterior (parking lot) view. They were unapologetic and rude about it. Ieven had to ask them to refund the difference between the lesser room and the one I prepaid for. I shouldn't have even had to ask.
The on thing I noticed that was new is the new sports bar near the convention center. Other than the massive 2 story tall video screens, this place is a joke. Thousands of people were here for a convention and the service was atrocious. It took sometimes 45-60 minutes to be a drink and sometimes you didn't even get it at all. And again, the staff was unapologetic and rude about it. After 2 hours the restrooms were a disaster area that went unchecked and uncleared for nearly the entire evening. On that note, this is a massive sports bar and the men's room has 1 stall!? There was a constant line for the restroom all night. I literally went back to my room to use the restroom which was on the entire opposite side of the complex and I still got back faster than the ups that were still waiting in line. When we ordered food were immediately told they were OUT of both the entree and appetizers we ordered. How does a restaurant run out of food?
All and all, this place is fine. They could really take it up a few notches when it comes to service however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center Kissimmee, Florida