“Fabulous Hotel and Great Location!”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Both my family and I have recently returned from our stay at the Art of Animation. We stayed here for 14 nights.
The hotel was spotless both inside and out. We stayed in a little mermaid room, it was approximately a 5 min walk from the main reception and Food canteen.
The main big pool is situated in the middle of the resort. We used the pool that was situated outside of our hotel block. This was nice and quiet but didn't have the amenities that the main pool had. If you wanted a drink or anything to eat, you have to go to the main canteen or pool bar which is located at the big pool. I do feel that the other pools do need a place to have snacks or a drink.
If you are thinking about hiring a car to go to disney parks...Dont! The Disney transportation buses are located outside of the hotel and run every 10 minutes! The transport is great and hassle free! The buses run until 2am! And staying in a Disney hotel you get the perks of extra Disney hours at the parks!
The only down side I have (which it me being very picky), we decided to go to Universal Studios, we asked 2 members of the staff within reception the best way to get there. We felt they were not helpful, I personally feel it was because this wasn't a Disney park enquiry. So we tried a couple of routes to get to Universal, if you want to save money (only around $10) take the bus to Downtown Disney, then a taxi from there to Universal studios. The taxis are located on the right hand side of the Cirque du Soleil dome. You can usually find the Mears taxi' s there but we also tried other local firms who also used that spot to park and they were alot cheaper than Mears.
Overall the Art of Animation hotel is fantastic! The location is EXCELLENT and I cannot wait until our next visit!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Stacey D

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here for a week during our WDW vacation. We were located in the Little Mermaid building. The room is adorable! It was wonderfully themed, and very nicely appointed. The beds aren’t the greatest, but sufficient. There is no coffee maker or microwave in this room category, but there is a small “refreshment” fridge.

The grounds are great! We could see the Hollywood studio fireworks at night, which was fun. We also loved walking through all of the different areas – especially Cars land. This is the only Cars themed area in the WDW area, so it was great to visit Radiator Springs.

Disney cast members are always exceptional, but I’m convinced that housekeeping are trained in the ninja arts. You know they’re there, but you never see them – only their handy work.

We visited the Little Mermaid, and Big Blue pool during our stay, which both were fantastic. I appreciated that they closed the pool due to lightening in the area. And the lifeguards. It’s worth mentioning the lifeguards, because I’ve never seen such diligent and professional lifeguards. They never stopped moving, scanning, checking, double checking, and triple checking. This crew is high-level and deserved to be recognized for their hard work and diligence.

Check in and check out was very fast and easy. The Landscape of Flavor (hotel cafeteria) can get crowded, but still manages to move quickly, and the food was surprisingly good.

A great stay that helped make for a magical vacation. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ohana42
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My parents carried our whole family to Disney in May. There were 11 of us total with the majority celebrating their first trip to Disney! Upon arrival to Art of Animation we were blown away!! The décor in the lobby was awesome. Everyone was so pleasant at check in and the process was easy, especially with 11 people in 3 different rooms. When we got to our rooms we quickly realized there was an issue with a handicap room that we desperately needed for my Grandmother. In true Disney fashion, the issue was resolved promptly & professionally. We spent the whole week in the parks, enjoying the pool, & dining at the resort. We loved being able to see fireworks from outside our hotel rooms. The rooms were very clean & every employee we encountered was super nice. We never waited long on buses, either at the parks or at the hotel & we met some wonderful people while staying there. We cannot wait to come back!! Disney will always be one of our favorite places & this was a family vacation that my entire family will remember!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather F
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I was kind of hesitant about staying at a "Value" resort, but this was an amazing place. The lobby greets you with art from Disney movies which in it's self is a great way to start any Disney World visit. We stayed in the Cars section. The detail in all the charters from the movies really bring this resort to life.

The room was amazing to from the light fixtures being Cars themed to the little things like Radiator Springs postcards on the night stands. Of course it's Disney magic and they are painted on, but I really kept thinking I was going to knock them off the tables. Two bathrooms were a must for any family traveling with a teenage daughter.

My only gripe is that this is a fairly sizable resort and you are there with a very high number of people. This made taking the buses rather annoying at times. Speaking of buses be prepared to walk far to get to bus stops in the parks. I think only Animal Kingdom had a close stop every other park its the furthest out stop you can walk to. Not a deal breaker, more of an FYI.

I would stay here again travelling with the family, but if it was my wife and I, I would stay in a resort closer to the parks.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ERIC H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

After Hurricane Irma took out our power for extended days, we were stressed and tired. I decided we needed a little fun! My 5-year-old and I got away for the weekend. We loved Art of Animation! The decor was fabulous and takes you away to a Disney magical fantasy. We stayed in the smaller room, Ariel. However, it was perfect for the two of us! Even the mirrors and shower curtain were part of the theme! My son loved it! What was nice was the free bus shuttle to the Magic Kingdom and back! No parking worries! Also, you park free at the hotel! The hotel has a dining room of food to choose from. Expect over priced for most choices as it is Disney and no Starbucks there or in hotel coffee makers. You get a Disney band as your room key (it can be linked to your credit card and Disney tickets) and can upgrade to a food package if you feel it is worth it. Definitely download the Disney app. The Disney gift shop is fabulous, but again Disney priced as it is authentic merchandise. They have a fun arcade my son enjoyed and you have to buy tokens on a card (no prizes earned at the end). What makes this place is all of the pools! The Finding Nemo pool is for the young ones and has a beach style walk in. It opens late at 10:00am. Get there then because it gets crowded. You can hear music play underwater. They have an apparent cool splash pad, but it was broken that day. This resort is the cheaper of the Disney resorts so you get what you pay for, but it's all I needed with my son.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
0.5 km away
2.8 km away
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
3.7 km away
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!