“Don't accept a first floor ADA unless you require it”

Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa
Ranked #22 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Took family down for a theme park trip. Selected this based on location and good reviews.

We booked a 3BR/3BR condo. They put us in a 1st floor ADA room for some reason. 2 of the bathrooms that were off the master bedrooms were equipped with ADA showers. Probably the worst shower heads I have ever seen. Usually you can adjust the water stream but these both came out in a single stream of hard water that was similar to a water hose about an inch from the shower head. To make things worse, the water pressure was very bad. We noticed on the first night that we only had enough hot water for 2 of us to take showers. I let it slide on day one because we were tired from our travels. In addition, the 3rd bath had a shower/tub combo and the drain cap wouldn't stay up so you had to constantly lift it to get the tub to drain while taking a shower.

Day 2 we went to a park and came back to clean up for dinner. We made it through one shower before the water was cold. My kids rushed through cold showers and I skipped hoping to have a hot shower after dinner. Two hours later, we came back to no hot water. I went to the office to complain. They sent a maintenance man right away. He told my wife that the water heaters were too small for the units and they were all like that and due to low water pressure it took really long for the water heater to fill back up. The employee at the front desk agreed with what he said. They offered to move us to another room but I declined because they said all units were like that. I waited another 2 hours (4 hours total) to get a shower. Turned it on and guess what? Still cold. I was furious. Went back to the front desk and demanded they give me another room to shower in. They said we would have to change rooms. My entire family was in bed in their pajamas. I asked for him to call his manager at home which he did and they eventually obliged to let me take a shower in another room.

The next morning, we packed up everything (family of 5) and they moved us to another room that was non ADA so it had normal shower heads. Once we moved there were no more water pressure or hot water issues. I asked for the manager to call me and left my cell phone. No one ever called. I wanted to know what the issue was with the other unit since what we were told was obviously inaccurate. No one ever called. When I checked out, I asked the employee at the desk and she said that the breaker panel was thrown.

So at the end of the day, yes they moved us but not without a huge headache for my family and I. I was also surprised management never contacted me and offered me any sort of contingency given the situation. Truth is, the ADA rooms are ill equipped and the maintenance staff was unable to correct the situation for us until it was too late.

If you must stay here, then insist on an upper level non ADA room. And check your hot water before you unpack. I would recommend you don't though unless you just want to risk it. The Floriday's is a much better option and we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay if you require ADA rooms and do not let them put you in an ADA room
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
PIVacations, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Thank you for staying at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa on your recent visit. I appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us. As our guest, your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction.

I was disappointed to read about the challenges you unfortunately encountered during your stay. Certainly, this does not reflect the type of experience we strive to provide to our guests. Our goal is to provide superior service and help create memorable experiences. Regrettably, it looks as though we were unable to achieve this goal during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you and your family experienced. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience. Should you have the time, please contact me at 321-329-7000 so that we can help restore your confidence in returning to our resort. We look forward to speaking with you and turning this experience around on a future stay!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

This is our 3rd. visit to this resort for my husband and I. We always go in March and we have always gotten a 3 bedroom condo. This past visit was in the same condo as our previous visit last year. For some reason there is always an issue with my reservation. I always book thru Expedia. Five days before our arrival we called to verify our reservation. We were first told it wasn't there, then upon further investigation they found our name but could not verify our reservation and was told to "call back the day before". Sorry that doesn't sit well with me. We will be driving from CT and expect a room when we arrive. We did call the day before and was told there were now TWO reservations with our name. One for a week the other for 3 days. After a lengthy phone call we managed to straighten it out. This isn't the first time this has happened so I suggest something be done with this process.

Upon finalizing our check in (which did go smoothly) we were then asked to sit with Jason who would then give us our parking passes. Hmm this is different. Red lights should have gone off! We were given "the pitch". Seems there are going to be major changes at the resort and they have been "taken over". Long story short we are now being offered a "complementary" breakfast or lunch that will in the end cost us $20. Being exhausted, we handed over the $20 and was told that when we arrive at the designated office to tell "them" we aren't supposed to get "the pitch" and the $20 is refunded. Being that we were on a tight schedule and couldn't do the breakfast we spent a hour later in the week at the designated office getting our $20 back.

As far as the resort goes...nothing much has changed. The condo amenities are the same. The heavy comforters were replaced with lighter ones and the balconies are now screened in which I'm not a fan of. The condos havent been updated or painted in the four years we have been going. The security gate is now manned after 7pm thru the night. The pool bar wasn't open. Too cold to swim.

My recommendation to anyone planning on staying here would be to check with the resort regarding any upcoming construction. There are now only two buildings but you can see there are plans for additional units. We both love staying here, however it is starting to look a bit worn. Hopefully the new management offers some positive change.

Room Tip: Building 1 is closer to pool. Ask for high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo-CT
PIVacations, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for choosing the Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa on your recent visit. We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us. As a return guest, your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction. It is through our guests' input that we can constantly monitor and improve upon our product and services.

While your overall stay with us was enjoyable, we were disappointed to read about the inadequacies you unfortunately encountered. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment you may have experienced during your stay. Please be assured that we will take corrective action to ensure that each and every guest's experience is flawless and memorable.

For your information, as part of our continuing effort to provide our guests with a memorable experience, we have been undergoing renovations since the beginning of this year. This renovation project is being completed in several phases so as to minimize any disruption to our guests. For instance, you may be interested in knowing that we have just started a comprehensive exterior building refurbishment, including the painting of the exterior facades, and are planning to update the carpet and sofas within each unit in the coming months. These are just some examples of the steps we have been taking to enhance our resort and improve our guests’ overall experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing about our guests' experiences so that we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We are confident that, if given another opportunity, we will provide you and your family with the type of experience you have come to expect. We look forward to turning this experience around on a future stay!

Lighthouse Key Resort & Spa

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We arrived very late in the evening after a long flight from the UK we were only staying for one night - spacious apartment plenty of room and lovely location - one downside no drinks facility in room so had to go out to grab coffee and milk ! Just felt for the money it wouldn't have hurt to supply a small fruit bowl and some drink s most hotels have those facilities in the room In fairness we have stayed in better places which were better value for money but it catered for our short term needs - cannot comment on spa or pool as didn't have time to use them

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
PIVacations, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your stay. We are happy to hear you had a great time. We are glad you enjoyed our accommodations and were pleased with our customer service. Thank you for your honesty as it alerts us of our guests' satisfaction and allows us to make improvements to resolve the situation.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

we booked this hotel for the amenities and when we arrived there were none. Picture say there is a spa and a bar at the pool. Niether were open. The room was nice and. clean. there are much better places to stay here. and the phone in the room does not even work.

Room Tip: no amenities
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Maria J
PIVacations, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your comments regarding your stay. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. Our pool and Portside Pub is temporarily closed until further notice. It appears that message was not relayed to you. We hope you will consider staying with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

This is a very nice place. It had plenty of room for the two of us. Very cozy living area. Dining area would seat 6 easily. Nice comfy beds. Close to Epcot and Disney. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
PIVacations, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your stay. We are happy to hear you had a great time. We are glad you enjoyed our accommodations and were pleased with our location. We look forward to your next visit.