Took family down for a theme park trip. Selected this based on location and good reviews.
We booked a 3BR/3BR condo. They put us in a 1st floor ADA room for some reason. 2 of the bathrooms that were off the master bedrooms were equipped with ADA showers. Probably the worst shower heads I have ever seen. Usually you can adjust the water stream but these both came out in a single stream of hard water that was similar to a water hose about an inch from the shower head. To make things worse, the water pressure was very bad. We noticed on the first night that we only had enough hot water for 2 of us to take showers. I let it slide on day one because we were tired from our travels. In addition, the 3rd bath had a shower/tub combo and the drain cap wouldn't stay up so you had to constantly lift it to get the tub to drain while taking a shower.
Day 2 we went to a park and came back to clean up for dinner. We made it through one shower before the water was cold. My kids rushed through cold showers and I skipped hoping to have a hot shower after dinner. Two hours later, we came back to no hot water. I went to the office to complain. They sent a maintenance man right away. He told my wife that the water heaters were too small for the units and they were all like that and due to low water pressure it took really long for the water heater to fill back up. The employee at the front desk agreed with what he said. They offered to move us to another room but I declined because they said all units were like that. I waited another 2 hours (4 hours total) to get a shower. Turned it on and guess what? Still cold. I was furious. Went back to the front desk and demanded they give me another room to shower in. They said we would have to change rooms. My entire family was in bed in their pajamas. I asked for him to call his manager at home which he did and they eventually obliged to let me take a shower in another room.
The next morning, we packed up everything (family of 5) and they moved us to another room that was non ADA so it had normal shower heads. Once we moved there were no more water pressure or hot water issues. I asked for the manager to call me and left my cell phone. No one ever called. I wanted to know what the issue was with the other unit since what we were told was obviously inaccurate. No one ever called. When I checked out, I asked the employee at the desk and she said that the breaker panel was thrown.
So at the end of the day, yes they moved us but not without a huge headache for my family and I. I was also surprised management never contacted me and offered me any sort of contingency given the situation. Truth is, the ADA rooms are ill equipped and the maintenance staff was unable to correct the situation for us until it was too late.
If you must stay here, then insist on an upper level non ADA room. And check your hot water before you unpack. I would recommend you don't though unless you just want to risk it. The Floriday's is a much better option and we will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa features spacious vacation condominium rentals 4 miles from Disney with 2-4 bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, and covered patios. Resort amenities include: a full service spa, poolside bar, sundry shop, heated swimming pools, meeting space, game & billiards room, 52-seat movie theater, theme park shuttle and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Key Hotel Kissimmee
- Lighthouse Key Resort And Spa Kissimmee, Florida