“Excellent ”
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Resort
Ranked #7 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We exchanged here with RCI and couldn't have asked for more from the resort

The apartment was two beds. Full kitchen and enough equipment for 8 people.

Located for easy access to Disney if you wanted to go there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Me & my hubby decided to do a Labor Day trip, and visit his brother who lives in Florida 25 miles away. Really enjoyed the one bedroom condo. The screened enclosed balcony was the best. Close to restaurants and stores is a plus.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This would have been a very positive review of the resort if not for the nasty surprise I got after checking out. . .
I diffused wild orange, peppermint, & on guard essential oils in my bathroom for a few hours each morning during a Florida stay last week at Silver Lakes Resort in Kissimmee Florida. 2 days after check out I learned I was charged a $227 deep cleaning fee! Staff apparently said there was the smell of smoke in the room, & upon further inquiry I was told marijuana was mentioned in their report!!! As someone who doesn't smoke (I'm allergic to cigarette smoke) & has never smoked marijuana, I was shocked by the whole thing.
I've used diffusers in hotel rooms & resorts numerous times over the last 3 years and NEVER had an issue. This totally blows my mind. . . I realize someone sensitive to oils might have noticed a slight smell, but it dissipates over time & the diffuser was off a good 2 hours before we checked out. Besides, we were in a 2 bedroom lock-off & they said the smell was in both sides: my bathroom was on the small side, so that doesn't compute.
After numerous calls I spoke to the director of guest relations, who said the inspector of my unit at check out stated that the smell was not so much smoke, but something that "burned their noses". Because it was an odor & they made that clarification there was no proof required (I had asked for pictures of ashes, butts, etc. since Ididn’t see how they could just randomly charge my account with no proof whatsoever.). She said that another person verified the smell, & that it was definitely my unit, so it must have been the essential oils. That blows my mind since it had to have been a few hours since the oils were diffused- in that ONE bathroom! Based upon this information the director said she cannot refund the deep cleaning fee. So stay away from Silver Lakes Resort in Kissimmee Florida if you use your diffuser on vacation. Otherwise you may have a hefty surprise charge of $227 at the end of your stay. The resort was nice in every other way, but NOT worth that!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
20  Thank Janelle H
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Stayed here for a week with my husband & toddler child, got a 2 BR unit. The resort provided a crib and high chair, which were in our condo before we arrived. Our room was large, spacious, clean. Kitchen was nicely equipped--though it would be nice if coffee filters were included. Really liked the large shower & jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom. Beds were comfortable and our son slept well in the crib so I assume he was pretty comfy too. Liked the screened in patio as well.

Location was great, convenient and plenty of amenities nearby. Spent a lot of time in the main pool area, our son really enjoyed the splash fountain in the kid's pool. The pool area could have been a little cleaner, lots of tree debris and some minor trash around. Cabana bar was nice, service was always friendly, decent happy hour specials. The game room was nice for rainy days.

We tried to watch a movie in the theater one night, but were told the speakers weren't working so we ended up watching it in the game room. Another night we had tickets for the Gator Land show but upon arriving were told it had been cancelled. We didn't have any trouble getting a refund, but still a bit disappointing. Liked that the game room rents out movies at no charge, though the selection is pretty limited.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank heywood417
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stayed at the Silver Lake Resort the week of August 20th-27th. We used an extra vacation through RCI to book a 2 bedroom unit. The room was very clean and had plenty of space for us. The location is great. The drive to Animal Kingdom is about 3 minutes. You are right off of the Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (192) so everything is convenient. There is a Wawa just a few minutes away, so anyone from the NJ/PA area knows, you can get great coffee.

The staff at the resort was very friendly. We didn't partake in many activities, but they do have some things going on during the day. I used the fitness center a few time. It was pretty good, with a few bikes/elliptical and treadmills. They also have some universal type machines and dumbells from 5-50lbs.

The night of Mayweather/McGregor fight, the resort showed it on 4 TV's at the poolside bar. This was great night for everyone. They kept the pools open until the fight ended so kids could get some real night swimming.

I would definitely stay at Silver Lake next time I'm in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family