2,779 results
All reviews pizza hut breakfast buffet disney parks mini golf golden corral coffee machine two double beds shuttle bus sea world minute drive walgreens pools orlando theme hurricane playground
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I want to stress the people who helped us at Maingate were EXCELLENT!!! The ladies at the front check in area and the wonderful gentleman who was working at the tiki bar. I decided not to post pictures. We stayed in room 153 which was a "lakeside" view. The lake looked terrible. The room was old, stains on the sheets, I checked the curtains and there was dead bugs on the very top. It looked like it had not been cleaned in years! The carpet was filthy and the room looked like it needed a overhaul. Please keep in mind we are simple travelers and knew we were not getting a fancy room. However, the room set my poor child off into an asthmatic cough the entire night. As soon as it was light out we checked out of the room. I know we could of asked for a new room however, I knew it was a busy weekend and they were sold out the night before. We only stayed 1 night and decided to just hang in there. I please ask the owners to seriously look at the conditions of these rooms. I know the house keeping staff can only do so much. But these rooms are a health hazard or at least 153 is. The staff here is great and this is not a reflection on them.

5  Thank traveler4life23
Maingate L, Guest Relations Manager at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear traveler4life23: Thank you for reviewing your stay and for your valued feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding our wonderful staff. We will certainly share your comments with our management and staff and will review your concerns. Thank you and we do hope you may stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

To start with the good, the location is fantastic super close to disney and 20 min drive to universal. Tons of food options on the main road. Now to resort itself on the other hand was not the greatest. I wouldn't call it a hotel let alone a resort. Just a fixed up motel. However, you get charged a $10 resort fee. To be honest it was very sketchy looking and inside the room was very dated. The tub was dirty, the fridge did not work and the staff was very rude. If you're looking for something cheap and only need it to sleep go for it. But if you're looking for something more, pass. Had a groupon and even with discount i will never visit here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katelyn C

Dear Katelyn C: We surely apologize for any dissatisfaction you had with your stay. We strive to meet and exceed guest expectations and we assure we have staff and management on duty 24 hours/day that can and will resolve any issue to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

God knows if peoples standards are to high but I was very happy with this resort
1st brilliant location near loads of restaurants and shops and 5 min drive to Disney
2nd nice large clean rooms freah vedding and towels every day good air con aswell
3rd great size pool with pool bar with access to towels and nice sunloungers
4th helpful staff our hairdryer broke in the room they were immediately round to resolve the issue thanks

In a nut shell a great place to relax after long days at the park I felt safe and relaxed at all times great place and would recommend
Couple from UK aged 22-26

Thanks

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I are frequent visitors to this area and are always looking for a good value. We got a good price on this hotel and figured we would try it out. When we got to the hotel the bathroom in the lobby was dirty so it didn't start out with a great impression. The grounds did look nice though. We checked in our room, dropped or bags off and went to dinner then to Disney for the evening. We got back around 2 am and that is when the horror ensued. The dead bolt lock on the door was broken. The tv didn't work and when we booked the description said the hotel had pillow top mattresses, it was a hard springy bed. We complained the next day and were blown off with a, "we will let housekeeping know" we were very disappointed and will not be staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank BrianLett
Maingate L, Guest Relations Manager at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Dear BrianLett: We would like to thank you for your valued feedback and certainly apologize for any troubles you may have encountered. This is not typical and we assure our staff strives to meet and exceed guest expectations. We do have staff and management on duty 24 hours/day that can and will assist guests in making any situation right. We hope you may give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

I checked into the hotel on 10-8-15 around 10 pm and it is horrible!!!! The first room they put us in I noticed a big poop looking stain smeared into the carpet, after unloading all of our stuff from the car. They gave us another room which looked as if the bathroom was cleaned with a sponge made out of hair, we proceeded to the third room, after moving all of our stuff again, and being told someone would help us move it, which no one did, there was roaches crawling on the walls and dust hanging from the ceiling over both beds, who wants that falling into your mouth while you are sleeping?? They moved us to a fourth room which was supposed to be an "upgrade" (the upgrade was a pool outside the window that had caution tape on the gate so we never even went in, no one ever did. Big deal there was a pool outside the window, it's what's in the room that counts) but there was no counter space to put anything on like there was in all of the other rooms. I told the manager after the first room and he said he would look into it. 5 minutes later I see him pulling out of the parking lot. I called the office and they said there was no longer a manager available even though on the website it says management available 24 hours a day. It took 2 hours for us to move everything 4 times. My 6 year old got to sleep around 1 am and we were going to Disney bright and early.The manager obviously cares more about leaving the hotel rather than making sure guests are happy. With the 4th room we were in, the ceiling was cracked and looked like it could cave in at any moment, the tank on the toilet was loose and the seat and bowl were cracked and every time you sat down the whole thing shook, informed another manager the next day (was not moving again!) and they didn't seem to care once again. On Saturday night when we returned to our room the key did not work anymore even though it was confirmed during check in that we added an extra day. We called the office and were told no one could bring a key so it had to be picked up. A minute after that call someone went riding past my room in a golf cart, they could have easily took the key to us. The waitstaff in the restaurant were very unfriendly and we thanked them as we were leaving and no one said not one word. The food was cold on the buffet and didn't taste good. My mother had an omelet and said it was good. Their job is to make sure their guests are happy and they did a HORRIBLE job of that!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Heather B
Maingate L, Guest Relations Manager at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Guest: We apologize for any troubles you may have encountered with your room(s). We assure we provide a high level of customer service as well as quality, clean rooms at a great deal. We strive to meet and exceed guest expectations and we apologize if we did not meet yours. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention and hope that you were able to speak with a manager during your stay, as we are committed to making any situation right. Thank you.