All reviewscarriage housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswonderful weekendnext morningthe main houserooms are lovelyscreened in porchother guestsrocking chairsb b'splace to staya great staycassadaga hotelhostsdelandaccommodations
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We had an excellent stay at the Ann Stevens House. Emily was such a great host and a joy to talk too. Shane makes a great breakfast. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. A perfect place to escape from the hectic pace of everyday living. Looking forward to returning.
Thank you for the great time.
The Rountree's

Room Tip: Call and ask for what you want. Very accommodating.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

My wife and I spent a wonderful "getaway" night at the Ann Stevens House.

The venue was impeccably appointed. Breakfast was fabulous.

Emily, the proprietress, shared her love of the surrounding area and gave us so many fine ideas for local sight seeing and dining.

We can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This Bed and Breakfast is located in a very nice quiet area near DeLand. Emily, our host was very nice and welcoming and gave us a very nice history of the property. The rooms are large, clean, and beautiful. Most have private screened in patios. The bathrooms have large showers or tubs. The AC works great and there is also a ceiling fan to keep thinks comfortable. The breakfast looked and smelled delicious although we didn't have time to give it a try but we definitely will next time. This is a great place to stay when visiting Stetson University or any of the surrounding areas or if you just want some nice peace and quiet.

Room Tip: The rooms on the corners all have private screened patios with rocking chairs. Some rooms have showers and some rooms have tubs.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I had an enjoyable stay at the Anne Steven's House Bed and Breakfast, hosted by owners Shane and Emily. I tried to check in a little early (before my reading) but the room wasn't ready due to a lot of other guests (who were looking for a paranormal activity) in the house. I left my luggage and returned later. The house is on a quiet street and my room upstairs, Lilac and Lace, lived up to it's name with lots of purple and lace throughout. There is no TV in the room, but there was a nice balcony overlooking the road where I read my book. There is also a nice little nature area to walk around by the house and it is less than 5 minutes to "downtown" Cassadega. I liked the old fashioned feel to the place, with a quilt on the bed, wood floors and the footed tub. I do wish the light by the bed was a better one for reading since there really isn't anything else to do in the room. The a/c powered off and on all night, making for not the greatest sleep, plus the thoughts of the paranormal readings the week before left me a little antsy. My breakfast was very good, starting with yogurt and berries and coffee. Then there was bacon, scalloped potatoes and an egg souffle- all good and served by a very nice lady. Apparently Shane had prepared the meals to be cooked. Parking is free and there is a nice backyard in the back, with lots of cats lounging on the patio. Although they have wifi, I could never get it to work. It was ok. Sometimes it's nice to be cut off from the outside world.

Room Tip: Lilac and Lace has a nice balcony with a view of the street
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Amazing time thank you for your hospitality! Very peaceful place. There's so much history here. We felt right at home. We can't wait to come back with the rest of the family. Very private and secluded.. Great place to escape too!
Love