“Great bagels, friendly staff!”
Review of Bagel King

Bagel King
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Lake Mary
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Great product, bagels made fresh each day. The staff is very friendly, and ensures each customer is treated well. I like the eggs to order, with a skinny bagel on the side. A great place for a light breakfast!!

1  Thank FL2urist2014

Reviewed 28 June 2016

If you are looking for a really good NY style deli this is the place. A favorite with locals, the staff makes everyone feel welcome and like family. The bagels are as good as any NY bagel (and I grew up eating those) . Everything is fresh and made to order. The pastries are wonderful and not to be missed. The menu has many options for both breakfast and lunch. I must admit my favorite lunch is the carbless Ruben skinny. Yummy!! Help yourself to all the coffee, tea and soft drinks you care for and there are lots of choices. The coffee pots don't sit very long, so it is always fresh and hot. Take out is available as is catering. It can be a bit crowded on weekends early in the morning, but it clears out quickly and the wait is never long. We have taken a lot of friends and visitors in ad everybody we have brought in has really been pleased.

1  Thank Geonannie
Reviewed 11 June 2016

I know, its a business, they need to make money, but can I just get a $3 lox and bagel and not have to turn down the person twice about an $11 super fish something...and the determined person was not happy I didn't want to spend $11. but the food was worth the hassle.

2  Thank m v
Reviewed 8 February 2016

The food is very good. it is fresh daily and handmade by the owner, a former New Yorker. She knows and produces great deli food.

1  Thank racerx3
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I have been to all the Bagel King restaurants at one time or another. Their catering operation is much better than the restaurants. However, I received a coupon in the mail ,so we decided to go for lunch at the Lake Mary location. The restaurant was empty of customers at the time. We had omelettes and a side of home fries. We requested the omelettes to have fresh mushrooms, very well cooked onions, and cheese. The omelettes were just ok as the onions were undercooked when we requested very well done. The cheese was scarce. The worst was the home fries. They were made with paprika, but the paprika was way overdone and the potatoes too soft, to the point that it was not edible. The server was very nice, but did not pick up on the nearly full plate of home fries that remained.

Also, be aware that the coupon which was a free entry with the purchase of another entre and two drinks, did not include the additional items included in the omelette. A two dollar issue, which is minimal, but still questionable from a business and goodwill perspective. I will stick with Peach Valley, Brooklyn Water Bagel, or First Watch for a similar choice of breakfast food in the area.