“Worth our drive from North Pinellas!”

Cafe Sahara Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #53 of 304 Restaurants in Largo
Description: Enjoy foods of the Mediterranean at Cafe Sahara! Please come visit us and you will be treated to a delicious Falafel, Gyro, Kibbeh, Baba Ghannuj, Hummus, or any one of our other mediterranean foods! We put love and care into the preparation of our dishes, and we are proud to share our rich culinary traditions with our customers!
Reviewed 5 September 2017

My wife and I took a drive to the Cafe Sahara from North Pinellas today and was it ever worth the trip! This was our 1st time dining here and we decided to visit based on the glowing reviews from others on this site. We knew that it was going to be good from the moment we walked in and the pleasant aromas of their foods & spices hit our noses. Not only was the place charming and clean but you could actually smell the freshness of the food in the air. I had a craving for Falafel and Cafe Sahara did not disappoint. This was the best Falafel Wrap I've had in the Tampa area with crips and delicious Falafel with just the right amount of Tahini, tomato and onion as to not overpower. The wrap itself was light and crisp and allowed the flavors of the ingredients to not be undone by too much bread. It was excellent. My wife opted for the Falafel Platter which she had with Baba Ganoush and Tabouleh. She kept saying OMG this is good...and it was indeed. We followed up or Lunch with Baklavah - Pistachio and the best we've ever had! Washed them down with a small Espresso which was also spot on. This food was fresh and perfectly prepared. You can tell that the owners deeply care about their food and their culture and it shows up in the quality of both their meals and their hospitality. We were thrilled they are open on Sundays and we may drive out our way after Church once or twice a month. We liked it so much we were talking about maybe driving back down later in the week again. Cafe Sahara is now on our "Favorites" list and we will become regulars here for sure.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Found by luck, and loved it. I had Spinach Pie, hummus,salad, tabula and husband had a gyro. Then we indulged in pistachio-cashew baklava. Every item was hand made, fresh and wonderful.it is a small cafe and sells Mediterranean deli food too.Highly recommend this little gem.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My coworkers and I placed a large order through Uber Eats near closing time. In an unfortunate incident, an Uber Eats driver had a large Mediterranean feast. When the owner noticed our food had not been delivered and was unable to reach the Uber driver, she not only refunded the charges, but showed up to our work with a feast. She was apologetic for something that was not her fault, and went above and beyond to make things right. On top of all that, the food was fantastic. I love Mediterranean food, but can be picky about the quality and authenticity. Cafe Sahara nailed it!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I had wanted grape leaves but they were out by lunch time.I went with spinach pie and a kebab wrap.The pie was very different from what I am used to,it was very thin and not flaky dough at all. The beef kebab was like a hamburger mixture,it was tasty but again not what I am accustomed to.The owner was very friendly and service was good.Overall not the Mediterranean I enjoyed living close to Dearborn Mi.

Chris S, Manager at Cafe Sahara Mediterranean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Our food is fresh and made everyday of the week. Sorry you feel that way we at Cafe Sahara pride ourselves in making food excellent for our customers.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

My family is from the Middle East so I've grown up with this type of food my entire life. Its wonderfully authentic and fresh and I thoroughly enjoyed my foule madamas, falafel and hummus. The owners were absolutely lovely and made everything fresh. I also took home some kibbe, spinach pies, and baklava for dinner! I would definitely go here again!