“Take out sushi”

Oketo Japanese Express
Ranked #95 of 322 Restaurants in Largo
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I've been looking for a place close to me since irb sushi closed. I ordered take out (they have amazing lunch specials) and I was impressed. Found my new spot to satisfy my sushi craving

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Never knew this place existed until my sister told me we should try it! Tucked away in a plaza in the back. Friendly and attentive service, quaint and nice atmosphere and excellent food. We tried a hibachi entree, side of fried rice and a few sushi rolls, all of which were delicious and a great price! Spicy mayo is a little spicy (for my 3 year olds liking) but all in all good flavors! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

It's true! A friend told me about this place. It's hard to find the first time. The food is just as wonderful as your favorite cook-at-your-table hibachi restaurant but half the price! They even have the soup, salad, and sauces. Menu choices are great and take out is so convenient. They have around 10 or so tables if you want to eat in. No alcohol though. So glad we found this, we eat here about once a week now.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Was slightly surprised by this hidden gem. Not much on decor but I came for sushi and that's what I had. The 4 of us ordered 6 different items off the menu I apologize that I can not name them but they were all delicious All 4 of us were happy and we'll feed for $45.00 Only complaint is no alcohol so next time I'll do take out and have beer waiting at condo

Reviewed 24 August 2016

If you like Japanese food to include Sushi then you should give Oketo a try. We did take out but called ahead with our order. This is our second time eating Oketo food and my wife is an avid fan. The food is very tasty and is truly Japanese, not Chinese masquerading as Japanese. The staff is very friendly and the food is made fresh for each order. There are tables in the restaurant so if you wanted to eat in you could. The atmosphere is austere so don't expect anything fancy and if you like to have wine or something with your meal, it is not served at the restaurant. When the Coffee Mill & Gift shop are open, there is a door from Oketo into the shop where you could get souvenirs or a fancy coffee drink. Oketo is located a short distance from the main intersection after crossing the intracoastal so easily gotten to by car or taxi. The best things about Oketo are the prices and big selection. What I like least is that they don't deliver.

Been to Oketo Japanese Express? Share your experiences!