Plunge Beach Hotel(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$136
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Best Florida Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$69
Blue Strawberry by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$85
Blue Seas Courtyard(Lauderdale by the Sea)
US$160
Sea Lord Hotel & Suites(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$140
Castle by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$81
Shore Haven Resort Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$91
Great Escape Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$99
Coral Key Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$139
Orbitz.com
Hotel Seacrest(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$122
All reviewsel mar drivefull kitchenacross the streetexcellent locationwalking distancepublixmicrowavebeachoceanft
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This was my first time staying at the Dee Jay Resort, and what a pleasant surprise! The hotel is right across the street from the ocean, there's free parking, lots of patio seating, Spacious rooms with a full-sized kitchenette including, fridge, stove, microwave, sink, dishes, coffee maker, etc... It's a lot bigger than first glance, and includes four separate buildings with a small pool in the middle. Each room is actually like a small apartment which explains why a few of the guests I spoke with had extended their stays. All of the guests were so friendly! Was like a small community.
This is a home style, friendly establishment, and definitely not a chain hotel. The manager, Mary, is always onsite to help you with any needs.
Emphasis on NOT a chain hotel, so don't expect the regular amenities and cookie cutter decorations and furnishings. My room was decorated with vintage paintings. The bathroom was obviously original to the building(60's, give or take a decade?). And it showed. Fully functional, but not what you'd get with a chain. The kitchen had been renovated/modernized, and the tile flooring was definitely newer. Like any older building on the beach, you're going to have some moisture issues. The window A/C did a great job, though, and came with a convenient remote control.
Did I mention Location Location Location?!?! Right across the street from the beach and a 15 minute stroll to great restaurants, shops, and outdoor events. There's also a trolley that will take you to the grocery store(stock your kitchenette!). You won't need a car. I didn't use my car The whole time I was here.
Overall, you won't find a better value than this home style hotel. With super low rates and friendly atmosphere, you'll be happy you chose the Dee Jay Resort.

Room Tip: Ultra Friendly Vintage Hotel in Quiet Area, a Short Stroll from it ALL
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank uesidegirl
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This place gave my mother the run around for weeks about which room and what price. When we showed up to check in for our 2 night stay (we just needed a bed to sleep in as my parents were on the water at a nice, but too small for us, place) Maria at the front desk was dying her hair. Really. She was wearing no shirt under a half buttoned up salon bib. Her bra was hanging out and dye was dripping down her face. Really that should tell you everything you need to know, don't stay here. The rooms have that urine mold smell, and the place gets broken into regularly (we only slept there, never left anything valuable when we left for the day). I will say that the bed was fine, the sheets ok, the bathroom decent enough to use but I think we were in one of the "nicer rooms". I would honestly fear for my safety in the ground floor rooms, both survival and health wise.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any rooms here. How's that for a room tip?
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank tgunnarsson
Reviewed 16 February 2017

This was our second year at the Dee Jay. We love it here, so convenient. Clean one bed room apartment with full kitchen and ocean view. Across the street from the beach. Walking distance to awesome restaurants and shops, Publix, laundry - we seldom used our car. Marisa and Maria are such wonderful hosts, always smiling and so accommodating. We will be back next year! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We love the dee jay! Ever since we had to change motels due to renovations we dont ever wanna leave! This our 5th year! Big clean rooms with a great location for the low prices! Even for a family of 11!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank emma s
dochj43, Manager at Dee Jay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Thank you for your loyalty. We will continue to work harder to make sure your stay is comfortable and pleasant.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

Once again, we had a great stay at Dee Jay's Beach Resort.
When my husband and I go to Lauderdale-by-the Sea...that's the only
place we will stay. The staff (Maria & Marissa) there are always accommodating
to our needs. Looking forward to our next trip.
Sarah & Wes