“A great buffet, like one of those in Savannah”

Austin's Buffet And Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Longwood
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Description: Family Friendly American Style Buffet. Home Cooking, Salad Bar, and Scratch Bakery. Daily Specials and Family Favorites
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Ignore all the negative reviews from the past. This is a great buffet. The food is delicious.The meats and vegetables have a great flavor. The mac and cheese is like home made.

1  Thank marcos5777

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Just left. Food was great!! Bakery goods were amazing and baked from scratch. I don’t do buffets often but this isn’t the typical buffet place with all the run of the mill food. It’s got lots of homemade food and a great atmosphere. One of the owners came to greet us at the door and I got to meet some of the other family who own/run the place. So glad we got to support a local business. Definitely recommend giving them a try. Save room for dessert!!

1  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I have never been a fan of buffet's until this one! For dessert I had Cinnamon roll..bread pudding..snickerdoodle..carrot cake..peach cobbler with soft service ice cream. I had to draw the line somewhere..they also had banana nut bread..pound cake..blueberry cobbler..apple pie..cherry pie..pecan pie..sugar cookies..jello..brownies..Just to mention a few. The turkey was delicious, as was the dressing, gravy, bread and cucumber salad. There are so many options to choose from. I have to go back and try more. The staff was so friendly and accommodating and the restaurant nice and clean. To the comment about tipping...of course you tip, why wouldn't you? They fill your drinks, take away your plates...just as much or more than a server at other restaurants. I agree that some of the desserts were not your typical version..I loved the unique taste of the bread pudding (I have a sweet tooth and it fit the bill)..their site stated it was family recipes, not your family's recipe. I tried as much as I could, however, will use a little restraint next time! There are discounts for seniors and children. I was shocked by the negative reviews. I can't think of one thing to complain about! I think that is what some people do best......

2  Thank caccoop1
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I looked at other reviews prior to going here and overall I think the negative reviews are a tad off. The restaurant is clean and "new" as in.. everything was built for this place. We didn't like everything we tried but I'm attributing that to taste vs. quality. The chicken livers were great, the fried chicken was too. The sirloin steaks tasted good but they were tough so they'd probably been sitting a little. The lettuce/salad bar was not brown and wilted and the fish entrees they had were clean tasting. Some of the sides, like the green beans, were ok and wouldn't get me back for seconds. Overall the experience was good.

The "bakery" stuff was ok. My wife loves bread pudding and she felt it could barely be called that, not that it didn't taste good it just didn't taste much like bread pudding. They had a good selection of pies but I can't speak to those as far as taste. Nearly everyone could find a desert they like though.

Austins has some things to address, mainly how to keep some things from sitting too long and balancing waste. But all buffets have that issue. The owner was there and we chatted with him for a minute and seemed like a super nice guy that actually wants to succeed. I hope he does. We've kind of given up on buffets since the corral seems to have gone further downhill and most chinese buffets are the same thing over and over. Austins website outlines a rotating menu for some of the entrees which so bottom line.. we'll probably be back on other days to see how those are. I also wouldn't mind seeing a "lighter" portion option like they have at Fred's Market since my wife (and others) can only physically eat a child size portion. Another reason we don't go to buffets much.

1  Thank gville2otown
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Everything was great!!! FRESH FOOD!! We will be back. Prices are good for the quality of food. Our server was very Attentive.

1  Thank Andres F