“Great service and ambience”

The Hut Bar and Grill
Ranked #32 of 84 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Right in the heart of John's Pass. They had live music and a tiki hut theme. Not many gluten free options. It would have been nice to have corn tortillas for the tacos or gluten free buns.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family and I ate here on Saturday and were very disappointed. We arrived at 2pm and the hostess told us it was a 45 minute wait for a table but the patio was first-come first served and open seating. We got a table right away but after 20 minutes- no one had come by. A waitress finally asked if we wanted menus and then instead of bringing them, she walked right by us- forgot who the menus were for, set them on the bar and walked away. We got up and moved to a different section of of the patio and had a much more capable waitress, but after ordering burgers and fish sandwiches, our food still took nearly an hour to arrive. The food was fine but not worth the wait; I don't think we'd return again.

1  Thank kdkswim
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We ate lunch at The Hut Bar and Grill while visiting John's Pass. The atmosphere seemed nice and the place was hopping, so we opted for The Hut. The drinks we had at The Hut were amazing. I had the Peach Dream which was awesome, unfortunately, the greatness stopped there.

The food was mediocre at best and that is probably pushing it. I had the fish and chips which was room temperature; not even lukewarm. The fish was also very oily. It seemed like the oil was hot enough when it was deep fried and thus the fish absorbed the grease. This is a common problem when the oil isn't warm enough when deep frying; I just wouldn't expect this at a restaurant. It wasn't good. We also ordered chips and salsa which appears to come from a bag and jar; nothing fresh or good here. Everyone else in our party also only found their food to be "OK".

As for the service, it was also lacking. Our server wasn't very attentive or polite for that matter. I didn't have an issue with cleanliness as others suggested. I did use the restrooms and they were clean enough.

This place has real potential with a great staging area with live music, drinks, and location, unfortunately, if the food isn't good it's not worth (re)-visiting in my book.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The hut is so so but there is a live band going most of the time and the atmosphere is good. The biggest con are the washrooms, they need to be cleaned more often. On the plus side Melissa the bartender/waitress was awesome , great service and it’s nice to see someone happy and doing their job well cudos melissa we’ll be there again thanks to you. You may have talked my wife into one too many margaritas but I got her home safely ty

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Pretty gross overall... bathrooms gross. Tables and counters gross and although they advertise that the kitchen is open until 10pm the kitchen was closed before 9:30 which is really an inconvience. Food was just ok... live music was great, if it wasn't for that we wouldn't have even stayed.