“Fun place to eat especially in the rain”

The Hut Bar and Grill
Ranked #32 of 84 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We enjoyed a meal here while visiting John's Pass. We ate about 1:30 p.m. and did not have too long of a wait. It was pouring down rain while we were in this restaurant and the openness of it made it a little chilly, but we had a great experience. I was disappointed that my daughter could not get a cheese quesadilla on the kids menu and had to order one from the regular menu that was $11. While she enjoyed the quesadilla it was just too expensive for a tortilla and cheese. The rest of us ordered burgers and sandwiches which were all good. Had someone singing during the last part of our meal. We really enjoyed her but do not know here name. I also loved that they processed my credit card for payment of the meal right at the table so my card never left my possession. Wish more restaurants would do this!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped at the Hut for a snack and bevies. Ordered Conch fritters and a craft beer; beer was nice, and fritters actually had conch in them!! They were a little underdone, but aside from that, were probably the best I've had outside of the real-deal in the Caribbean. Busy waterside spot with live music and a good night time crowd. Nice place for a cocktail and an evening hangout.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Had the grouper tacos for lunch....they were the worst I have ever had. Fish was barely cooked and cold, a few shreds of cheese were buried under an unappetizing layer of pale shredded cabbage. Even the salsa was flavorless. The black beans and rice came out in a Styrofoam cup that obviously had just come out of the fridge. Certainly not worth the Market price for grouper! This place is definitely off my list.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Right in the heart of John's Pass. They had live music and a tiki hut theme. Not many gluten free options. It would have been nice to have corn tortillas for the tacos or gluten free buns.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family and I ate here on Saturday and were very disappointed. We arrived at 2pm and the hostess told us it was a 45 minute wait for a table but the patio was first-come first served and open seating. We got a table right away but after 20 minutes- no one had come by. A waitress finally asked if we wanted menus and then instead of bringing them, she walked right by us- forgot who the menus were for, set them on the bar and walked away. We got up and moved to a different section of of the patio and had a much more capable waitress, but after ordering burgers and fish sandwiches, our food still took nearly an hour to arrive. The food was fine but not worth the wait; I don't think we'd return again.

1  Thank kdkswim