“Location is Great !!”
Review of Sandy Shores

Sandy Shores
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Our party consisted of 5 people .... Me 46 and my kids in their late 20's

For the most part we were happy with our stay but here are the things we cam across .....

We stayed in Room 408 --- 2 bedroom / 2 bath condo --- had partial view of ocean if you leaned over the side LOL

The overall size of the condo is nice ... decent furnishings..... we were all comfortable for the most part ... master bedroom was big and spacious other bedroom had full size bed and twin size bed .... we had 3 people in that room ---- beds could be a better

Knowing that you have to pay a $100 cleaning deposit along with a weekly rental amount I was not very happy when we first arrived and found the kitchen floor dirty and the dishes were still in the dishwasher. The coffee pot had a hole in the carafe (how can the maids not see that). The broom we were provided was for a lil person as it was only like 3' tall.... LOL

In the 2nd bedroom it had a ceiling fan that needs replaced or adjusted as it "clanked" when turned on---- I am a person that has to run the fan at night so that was an inconvenience for me.

The elevator fan was broken so it was very warm inside it

The patio only had 2 chairs .... but the condo can hold up 4-6 people so I would like to see that accomodated.

The location of this complex is perfect .... we did NOT have a car ..... you can catch the bus and for $4.50 per day you can travel up and down coastline. We had a great time visiting other beaches this way.

You can walk to several things ... across the street is John's Pass ... its a shopping district, restaurants, excursions, fishing, boating, some night life, just about everything you need is there.

The pool area was well kept ... we never used it though because we love the ocean more.

If you dont bring your own beach stuff.... just go across the street and buy your chairs and umbrellas .... you can rent some on the beach but its cheaper to buy your own and leave them behind for the next people.

The beach is BEAUTIFUL --- and i really Love this area .... will come back to Madeira Beach area. We took the bus south to Pass-a-Grille and its amazing .... we went to Clearwater at dusk to catch the sunset and see Pier 60 and that was great .... but the sand and beach smell fishy LOL

The grocery store is just a mile or 1 1/2 mile away .... Thanks Gary for lending us your car to get there :)

I dont really have any negatives other than what is above and they were minor ------- I would stay at Sandy Shores again ...... but the coast line is lined up with places to stay I'd probably try something new next time

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank hamccormick

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed in 506 with my family. Everything was very clean and worked properly. The staff was great and was able to get my place ready when I showed up early in the day. The pool is nicely built and very clean. In fact every morning that I was able to get to the beach early, I saw the pool being professionally cleaned. It is right on the beach, which is also cleaned daily by the city and right across from Johns Pass Village. There is a crosswalk right in front with flashing lights, so it is safe to walk to the boardwalk at anytime. The only thing I would ask is that the elevator be sped up a bit. Will definetly go back.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My stay with my family in Room 505 at Sandy Shores was remarkable.I cannot beleive the horrible reveiws about Sandy Shores. It is unbeleivable that people are so hateful.I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my room. The kitchen was great. The floor was perfectly clean. I saw nothing wrong with the beds or bathroom. The condo staff was very welcoming. I think that anyone who rents this room should have nothing bad to say . Our feet were perfectly clean after we walked on the floor for hours at end. I recommend this room for its perfect view of the beach. I will defintely come back for years to come. If you stay at this condo a little advice, if you look on here before going ignore every bad reveiw because none of them are that true.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Sydney C
Reviewed 13 June 2012

HEADS UP SANDY SHORES!!!! Please get your elevators fixed or WARN guests that they are not working property and may get stuck. Husband was stuck for approximately 15 minutes before they got the doors open. Luckily we were on 1st floor and did not take elevator again but more than one person got stuck or had to wait for elevator to come down or up for 10 minutes or more. Maintenance said they were having 'issues" and had technicians out week before. Ummmm.... obviously not fixed and need mainteance again. Also no fan or a/c in elevator. VERY HOT!!!

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms on the very end of building (North Corner units) are best. Can see the gulf and bea...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed in unit 301 in mid may of this year. I was shocked at the reviews I have been reading because we found this place to be wonderful. The condo was clean and up to date. The kitchen was fully stocked with any type of utensils needed for cooking; also had a few spices/oils if needed. The pool was cleaned daily with the deck furniture lined up every morning. There was no loud music, kids, or out of control guests. We had a late check in but were emailed the elevator and room codes (never had a problem with either one of these not working). The following morning we went to get our pool key and the lady at the front desk offered us her car to run to the Winn Dixie. To us, it showed that they will go the extra mile for their guests. We decided on day 2 that this will be our new Annual Girls Trip!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1.7 km away
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Sandy Shores? Share your experiences!