“Best place in town.”

Sushi Shoya
Ranked #52 of 84 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sushi Shoya offer a unique and delicious dining experience to our customers. The contemporary architecture of interior provides an elegant and comfortable setting for anyone to enjoy. At Sushi Shoya, we dedicate ourselves to having the freshest sushi around. Come visit us for a memorable evening enjoy the creations by our experience sushi chef, you will be glad you did.
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Great owner. Great food. Great service. Not sure why it only has 3.5 stars. Sushi is always fresh and amazing. Eat here once a week, never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

We picked this spot to meet with friends while visiting Mad Beach. So glad we did! The sushi was delicious and beautifully presented. And the Crab Rangoon were the best I've had. Their prices were reasonable, the service was good, and the place had a nice atmosphere. I'd highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 August 2015

We were planning to go to the French restaurant next door but it didn't open for another 30 minutes and we were hungry so we thought we'd have a bit of sushi as an appetizer at Thai Star. We ended up eating our entire meal there and it was wonderful! I had the deep fried eggplant appetizer that came with an incredible miso sauce that Diane, the owner, said she had created. It was like nothing I've ever tasted! My crispy duck was just that, so crispy that my dinner companions heard the crunch. Often it is swimming in a sauce and just limp, not here! Everything we were served was both delicious and beautifully presented, garnished with an edible flower. Diana explained that many of her herbs as well as the papaya are grown by her. I see that it's under new management and many of the reviews pertain to the former restaurant and some are not so positive. If you haven't been since it became Thai Star, do yourself a favor and try it.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

The Panang curry sauce was rich and plentiful, A huge dish of curry at a good price and they didn't charge extra for rice which I see more and more.
Later we had dessert and it was awesome, fried banana, I posted the photo of it.
It was serve rolled like an egg roll and served with ice cream and whip cream,
The Thai coffee was large and a dessert in it self.
The service was slow when we got there since they were slammed and understaffed.
Over all food was inexpensive considering the large portions and great tasting.
Service was slow but we weren't in a rush so we didn't care.
We will be back!!!!!

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

I am in love with their beef noodle soup. I have eaten it three times in the past week. All the food I have ordered from there has been great and the staff is friendly.