See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was very late and we were traveling through this area, We needed rest since we just drove over a thousand miles, I stopped at other motels with no responds or very rude people because it was late.My wife and I were at the office door, when I was approached by a young women. She was the Manager there, we did our paper work on a charge card , we woke up the next morning and we were in PARADISE! The gulf is across the street and the coastal water was in the back yard! The Motel has a sparkling clean pool.They have a bait store right next door, The VERY FRIENDLY Managers with three children, well behaved loaned us a fishing pole and ice, and coffee, etc and even invited us to eat with them on many occasions. WOW, Nice Clean Motel Room, Great Friendly Managers, Paradise, Really .…What else is there? WE WHERE IN HEAVEN! We did not want to leave but WE WILL BE BACK , I CANNOT WAIT and I hope the same Managers are there or I will find them. wink! They do not have room service but the managers sure did go out of their way and beyond to make us feel comfortable. Our night went to bad to WONDERFUL! Thank You Sea Dawn Motel manager for our FUN FILLED STAY! I would rather stay there then a 5 star hotel! Simple because of the manager and location, clean rooms and pool. So I give our stay a 10+ and that is our secret 5 star Motel, We will take a vacation and we will be THERE! Thank You Again, God Bless

Room tip: No room service but store is a block away, plus a trolly can take you any where, I am not sure if it has wifi because we were outside most of our stay, It is Paradise, pool, gulf of Mexico across the street, coastal water with their private dock, Very Sweet Management , clean rooms, swimming pool!
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank roy h
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I love the Sea Dawn, we have stayed here for a few years including our honeymoon. They have changed management and its not quite the same. They only except 2 or more nights now, the office is never open and the friendly feeling is gone.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Filet55
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked online and also spoke with the owner/manager who assured me someone would be there to let me in at 8pm. My room was said to be a suite. On arrival the office was closed and when asking other residents I was told that the girl would be back after 9pm from work elsewhere. When she arrived she knew nothing of my booking and only had 1 room - not a suite. Although the bed and bathroom were clean there was no hot water in the wash basin or efficiency sink and the sparse crockery was broken and filthy. When leaving in the morning I could not open the door ! The phone was not connected and the instructions for it had got wet at some point and the wording was illegible! I had to knock on the wall and the window for help!

Room tip: cheap but not cheerful
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank ottocat
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We have been visiting family in seminole for 1 year, have stayed at 2 other places and did not like either one. Sea Dawn was more than we thought it would be! Our room was beautiful and the fishing from the deck was perfect, esp. with bait store next door. Candy Kitchen next door as well. Market in walking distance and John's Pass is close enough to walk but, we drove. We will stay here every time, they only have a few rooms, so I plan to book as early as possible. We just left today, wish we could have stayed longer... Sharon ps - very clean!!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Slanier64
Reviewed 19 August 2010

It was the cutest little place... like an apartment with all the fixins... we filled up the fridge and cupboards with snacks... enjoyed good movies in my room while my son played with his PS3 in the living room. It was so nice to have all the conveniences close by... like a grocery store, Candy Kitchen (best homemade ice cream), Lisa's Cafe (for dining), 7-Eleven (for anything else), John's Pass and a quick walk across the street to Madeira Beach.

We got so much for our money -- and it was a real vacation of leisure! I came back home truly rested, relaxed and with renewed energy.

We decided to make this place a tradition for a yearly, end-of-summer, getaway weekend... before school and all the busy-ness begins.

We loved it!