All reviews full kitchen front desk bistro soleil red phone two bedroom suite nice accommodations piano bar screened in porch longer stay third floor tiger tail beach two queens live entertainment huge balcony within walking distance water view great place to stay
Reviewed 15 November 2015

I have been traveling to FL since 1969 and am amazed at the growth. Many areas are over-developed in my mind and have lost the character and charm of bygone days. The Old Marco Island Inn and Suites with its updated 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit with kitchen, living/dining area, and large screened-in lanai was a relaxing,and quiet part of this beautiful island which still holds its charm! We were able to rent bikes and get to lovely beaches, or use our own heated pool. Within walking distance was the casual, fun Snook Inn with the freshest seafood around. The convenience for our traveling down to the Everglades and up to Naples made this location perfect for us - an older yet active couple!
My sister and her husband came one night from FT Lauderdale and made it over in less than 2 hours - it is very accessible from good highways!

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank ffudlikre
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

It was great to read your review regarding your recent stay at The Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites.
It is always nice to hear from guests who enjoy the charm and beauty of our hotel while enjoying the updated conveniences our suites have to offer.
So glad you enjoyed everything our island and hotel has to offer!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Every year for the past three years I have been visiting the Olde Marco Inn with a group of my friends and I have not been disappointed yet. I have enjoyed myself so immensely and always feel like I don't want to return back home because it truly feels like paradise. I will hopefully continue to visit every year.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Andrea N
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

We're so glad to read that you have found "paradise" on Marco Island at The Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites! Knowing that you have returned year over year is a true testament to your enjoyment of our hotel.
We look forward to your return again and again!!

Reviewed 18 October 2015

What a wonderful room. If we would have known how nice it was we would have forgone the extra night in Key West. After sharing, it was nice to have a bedroom suite to one’s self.
Watch out for the hair dust bunnies under the bed! It would have been a very clean unit except for the excessive hair in one of the bedroom and under the bed. The room was very spacious and well decorated. It is a condo owned by a private individual and run by a hotel Management Company. So you will be in among owners. The location is great unless you just want to hang out on the beach, then stay at a hotel on the beach because there isn't much public beach access.
Watch out for the $55.00 cleaning fee if you stay more than one night.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

So glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us while on Marco Island! We're glad you enjoyed one of our spacious two bedroom suites during your getaway.
We'll look forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 October 2015

We appreciated our inn keeper Karen Van Etten. She was very professional and answered all of our questions, including those we had for her on the phone prior to arriving. We were fortunate to have a newly renovated room that provided a very pleasant experience. Our suite was very clean and roomy. The Inn was filled to full capacity during our stay, but we slept without hearing a single sound. Our room had a partial view of the Gulf of Mexico. We were pleased with our visit and the cost for our room using our AAA discount and would recommend Olde Marco Inn and Suites to everyone.

Room tip: If you have the opportunity, visit the Inn in advance to select your favorite room.
1  Thank dkp123
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Thank you so much for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us on Marco Island! We'll be sure to share your compliments with Karen and hope you will give her a call to book a return visit.
So glad you found one of our newly renovated suites quiet, clean and comfortable. I'm sure you also enjoyed the view of the Gulf of Mexico from your lanai.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2015

As far as I could ascertain, this was a vacation home (condo?) owned by an individual and managed by Old Marco Island Inn and Suites. The former gets an A and the latter a D+. The unit (200) we stayed in was very nice; the management company not so nice.

We arrived around 9:30 PM and had a very hard time finding the rental office as the grounds are not very well lit. The rental office was closed and if not for another guest helping us, we might not have had a place to stay. The code and room number were left in a mailbox in the unlit outside of the rental office. All this might have been okay had we known prior to arriving, but it was very disconcerting and difficult for us.

Once we were in the suite/condo, everything was much better as it was very roomy for two couples, comfortable and well-appointed. The condo had two master BR suites. The screened lenai was one of the largest I've ever seen.

In addition to the check-in problems, we were surprised to find an extra $55 +/- charge for cleaning. This was not on our confirmation which included room charges and taxes. We were not the only ones upset about this. We were also very disappointed that there was no help in getting our boarding passes printed. I've stayed at much cheaper hotels that at least offer a PC and printer in their lobby for their guests to use.

When I arrived home, I found they charged me twice for the stay. I called and was told it would be corrected on my credit card, but just another example of poor management.

Everything else was very good; location, amenities and the restaurants on the grounds were excellent. The food and service at Petit Soleil was A+++; kudos for sure.

Room tip: I believe most units are the same and there were no great differences as far as views are concerned.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent visit to Marco Island.
I am truly sorry that you were not informed of our office hours prior to your arrival and you had difficulty getting settled after your travels. I am also sorry you did not make note of the departure cleaning fee on your confirmation. It is customary with most condo hotels to levy a cleaning fee upon departure. I am also disappointed you did not take advantage of our computer and printer located in our hotel lobby.
I am pleased that you found your accommodations spacious and comfortable and hope that you will return to enjoy all that Marco Island has to offer.