Bridgewater Inn
Angler's Inn(Matlacha)(Great Value!)
US$135
Matlacha Cove Inn(Matlacha)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
Pine Island Paradise Resort(Matlacha)(Great Value!)
US$120
Orbitz.com
Serenity Bay Cottages(Matlacha)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$186
US$161
Westin.com
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel(Cape Coral)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$103
US$92
US$69
US$67
US$80
Dolphin Key Resort(Cape Coral)
US$90
All reviewsfishold floridafront doorpine islandcoffee makerberts barcan't wait to go backmain buildingfew monthscouple roomslarge corner suitemini fridge and microwaveflat screen tvrooms are cleanview is amazinga great place to stayfriendly service
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We stayed here for a couple days of relaxation before going to a wedding in Tennessee and we can't wait to go back. They are working on a couple rooms and their contractor moved away so it may be a few months before all the rooms are open but there are still a couple small rooms and one large corner suite plus two cottages. Rooms are clean, maybe a little dated but well kept. They have full kitchens so meals are cheaper than going out to eat. The rooms are all over the water so when you walk out onto the balcony you can throw your pole (which they can provide) right in. Very friendly staff and right next to a gift shop and seafood market. The bar is two doors down. Lots of other things within a mile or so. The draw bridge was fun to watch also. Smoking is allowed on the deck.

Room Tip: room 3 is a corner suite with two beds and a pull out. Full kitchen and living room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeandJulie1
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review!! We are pleased to see you have had a wonderful stay with us!!

We hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We had to find a place to stay after Hurricane Irma and this was the only place available within fifty miles of our home. At first the manager and clerk seemed kindhearted and pleasant. I had given them my credit card information before we arrived, and they had put the charges ($212. 26) through on September 19th.
Imagine my surprise to see that the Bridgewater Inn deducted another $173.99 on October 11th!
I called right away and was told that it was a mistake due to the fact that they had recently replaced their old software and that their District Manager had been the one to put it through. I was told this was a mixup, as they had found some discrepancies in the books. Mary (the manager) assured me that she was putting the money back into my account as we spoke. Mary told me that I would see the refund on my card within 3-5 business days.
A week went by and nothing. I called and spoke to Mary a second time. This time she told me two things:
1) That she had lost my credit card information and could not refund me the money without my number, and could I please give it to her. She sounded sincere and against my better judgement I gave it to her once again.
And, 2) There had been a mix up and they had somehow failed to charge me an additional thirty something dollars. She assured me that this time it would all be straightened out and that I would get a refund of now $140. something back on my card.
Another week and a day for good measure goes by and again, nothing.
I called a third time and this time I am told that Mary (the manager) is home sick and unavailable. I am assured that if I leave my number the lady at the desk will call Mary and get to the bottom of this.
A few minutes go by and I receive a call from the Bridgewater Inn. The lady at the desk tells me that Mary doesn't understand what happened, because she put a refund through to my card I was emphatically told that Mary was not responsible and that all money is handled by the District Manager Daniel. They had no information or phone number where I could reach Daniel, nor even a last name for the District manager. Really????
I was told to please wait another day for Mary to feel better, so that she could look into this.
I have been very patient, but more and more I feel as though I have been scammed. I will never stay here again and I caution all who entertain the notion to Beware!
Price gouging, shady dealings and dishonesty come to mind at a time when we are still dealing with the after effects of hurricane Irma. Not a good way to conduct a business.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vivianhadding
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

I am sorry you feel this way. This is Danielle the person you are claiming to never get any information from. I was never informed that you were waiting on a call from me. I would be happy to speak to you at any time. We are an upstanding company and I will be happy to get to the bottom of the situation with you. I know I spoke to Mary on several occasions about your situation, I was not aware that you had not been fully taken care of to your satisfaction.
I will call you on Friday to settle this in a more professional manner then by you claiming that we are anything less than professional in our dealings.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Motel is over the water on a dock and gave me a nice clean room with friendly service for a night. Matlacha is an interesting and quirky little fishing town. It has a few motels, a fair amount of restaurant, a little arts district and a lot of 24 hour bait shops.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ken A
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank you for leaving us your review!!
You said it perfectly!! You come to us to go fishing!!

We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Yes, this motel is going through some renovations, but what a cool concept....staying on a pier with view of dolphin swimming by every few minutes. You can also drop your fishing line right outside your front door. There are also several restaurants and bars within walking distance. The staff was wonderful, by the way and Kathy went out of her way for me and the room was clean. The noise from the workers was minimal during the time I was there and during the day when we were out doing other stuff anyway. I read the prior reviews, but took a chance anyway because it looked so cool.....I liked it a lot and would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: It's probably best to call & talk about the room you want & the status of the renovations instead of reserving it online.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amarrocco
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review!! We are pleased to see that you gave us a chance. Yes we are under going some major renovations, but the end result will be worth it for anyone willing to give us a chance!!

We hope you do come back and stay with us in the future! We look forward to building a lasting relationship with you!

The Staff at Bridgewater Inn

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Always wanted to stay at the Bridgewater due to it's location and past reviews. I knew that they were renovating and didn't have high expectations. Many rooms were condemned by the town due failing supports under the hotel. These are being replaced at the time of this writing, leaving only a couple rooms available. Our room number 8 was in the front of the hotel. This room needs a complete renovation down to the studs. The ceiling has been patched many times in the past, the floor slopes half way into the room. The bathroom door will not close. We had to mask the musty odors with two open boxes of Irish Spring soap. The shower is very tiny and feels as if your going to fall through the floor. But wait it gets better.............. The following has nothing to do with renovation!
The coffee pot needed to thrown away years ago. We found a dirty wash cloth on top of the fridge.
They provided two little bars of hand soap, no shampoo, body soap.
No maid service but provided a envelope to tip the maid!!
My wife complained the carpet felt slimy ( I brushed it off at first ) but after my adventure in the shower I walked around the room for awhile, I went to put my shocks on and noticed my feet were dirty! No excuse. NOTE to Management: Do not install carpeting over a dock without good vapor barrier to prevent the carpeting from turning musty.
Staff is there part time they leave a number for emergencies.
We spent two nights there and couldn't wait to check out on the third.
My advice to fellow reviewer's is to check into the Tarpon Lodge on Pine Island it's worth the 7 minute drive and the great sunset views.
To the staff at the Bridgewater Inn, Good Luck and please improve your customer service and experience, you have a great location.

Room Tip: Book a room at the Tarpon Inn you will thank me.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank tim c
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

We apologize that your stay was less then pleasant. Yes our property is under major renovation right now. We are in the process of working on replacing and/or repairing issues in the rooms that not being rented, once they are competed the other rooms with be getting a face lift as well. We plan to remove all the carpeting and replace it with something that hold up better for the style of building and the ease of cleaning due to the fact our property is mostly used for fishing.
As far as the non renovation issues you mentioned, I will definitely have a conversation with the cleaning staff, as these items are not acceptable conditions to be left that way. I do apologize for that. It is not our intention to rent a less then clean room to a guest.

We do hope that when you come back you let us wow you with one of our rooms in the INN that are under renovation right now and should be completed any time now. Give us a call when you want to book again, we will try to get you a great rate!!