“Great Cheap Lunch”

Frankie's Wings & Things
Ranked #217 of 478 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I've always liked the wings at Frankies. I'm stuck on #5 heat! The wings are cooked exactly the way I like them. Crispy! For lunch, they have a great deal. 6 wings and fries for $6. You can't beat that!

Frankies does have excellent wings. They're not the biggest wings, but they are perfectly cooked. We used to go to Frankies every Saturday night until they moved to north Melbourne. Too far to drive...

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I want it it was not busy that waited on right away asked about the wings I want it breaded wings They don't serve breaded wings most Wing houses serve both so I order chicken fingers and fries they were okay ordered iced tea had to wait for the waitress to come back so I could get lemon with my tea as I waited a gentleman sat at the bar he had to wait for the same waitress to wait on him got my food she waited on the man at the bar and then disappeared in the back the man at the bar was sitting there I guess he need something and he went behind the bar to get what he needed I said at least 10 to 15 minutes waiting for my check I heard the waitress and other employees in the back laughing and having a good old time while the customers are out front finally I got my check I almost felt bad about leaving a $2 tip but that's the way I felt about service bad now I'm trying these wings out because I'm retiring and I wanted to go to a wing house to have a little gathering after I retire needless to say this will not be the spot Hooters is still looking good to me right about now

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We were a party of three and we arrived for their Wednesday Special Wings offering. We arrived about 5:45 and after a reasonable wait (they were busy), were seated in the dining room at a freshly cleaned and 'papered' table with all the proper amenities. There were two order of wings and one order of fish and chips. The wings were cooked to the perfect crunch and the Hot Order was plenty spicy - as expected. The lightly spiced wings were fried to perfection too. The fish order was piping hot and the fries were equally fresh out of the frier. The beers were nice and cold and the Manhattan was just right. Our server, Jamie, was attentive and brought all the meals efficiently and she remained attentive to our requests and refills. An enjoyable and to-be-repeated dining experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

First visit with friends from work. I came in ahead of the others and told our server there'd be maybe around 10 of us total and we had bowling league just down the road.

Strengths:
*My food was good (grilled mahi with sweet potato fries and seasonal vegetables)
*Server was friendly and easy to talk to
*Atmosphere was quiet, even within close proximity of the small bar
*Location is easy to find
*My food arrived in under 18 minutes from the moment I put in the order to it arriving

Areas of weakness
*Restaurant puts down a large, paper bag-like piece of construction paper across the tables (it looks tacky, in my opinion)
*One of my friends ordered a small mug of beer - he discovered a purple lipstick print on the opposite side he took a sip from
*The rest of the group arrived around 5:20ish. When I was leaving at 6:10ish, they were all still waiting for food. This included us reminding the server of needing to leave and her giving them a "just a few more minutes comment" (that was made at about 5:45).

Overall, it was a disappointing trip. The restaurant wasn't very busy at the time and I can't fathom what would have taken so long with my friends' food. It paid off for me to get there early, but not everyone is off the clock at four.

Note: The short server we had was awesome. Problems really stemmed from kitchen and bar.

Additional note: Forgot to later ask my friends if anyone spoke to a manager.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Best wings and best service around :) ask for Kiersten she is always great and the drafts are on point