All reviews nice gift shop full kitchen slow elevator tiki hut every room has a balcony high rise old florida panama city beach front rooms are clean rv park coffee maker beach hotel great beach gulf view white sand nice pool
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We really loved staying there they were really nice people that worked there everyone was really friendly the rooms were very clean the pool was very nice can't wait to come back it was very quiet loved the balcony and the beach was just pretty

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KennyeMosley
Reviewed 11 September 2018

The Hotel is good overall The staff is friendly and helpful but the Manager Mr. Wiley is rude and thinks he is all powerful because of his title. Anywhere from 9 to 20 rooms are rented each year when My Club goes there for our annual beach trip. My Club is a Motorcycle club with members that are retired law enforcement as well as Postal workers as well as a Fire Dept. Chief and several business owners and or retired previous managers of businesses. I am a retired Sales manager for a Fortune 500 company. At 4:50 pm in the afternoon last Saturday playing the song Sweet Home Alabama on my bikes sound system and there were 4 of us listening. Several other people that walked by smiled and said the music sounded good, 1 family had 2 children ages 5 and 8 I think and their kids started dancing and laughing. Well soon after this guy with shorts on walks by and yells for us to turn off the music. I walked up to him and asked why. He said because he is the Manager and he says so. I said honestly, that's not a reason that is Bull and the other word they won't let me type in here. He went off on me threatening to kick me off the property and yelling that I cussed him. I said Bull etc in the text that I used it was not cussing him. He threatened me once again and I turned it off and he walked away. That is ridiculous, no one was hurting or offending anyone. His name when I asked for it was Wiley, I guess that is his last name. We have been renting rooms there for many years but we are looking for another place to go to. This guy is on a power trip.

Room tip: Great Beach view from all rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank nothappycust99
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Love this older motel, staff is tip top, rooms have been updated, and , yes,every room has a gulf view. It’s the way it should be. Motel is also close to anything else Mexico Beach has to offer. Definitely come back again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cudrow
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Stayed here a couple of times with friends and family for Spring Break. Great beach view, nice clean rooms, wonderful staff. Definitely recommend!! Getcha fam, getcha friends and book a room! You won't be sorry.

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank Angela J
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We love El Governor Motel. We always stay in the high rise where every room has a balcony facing the ocean. We love listening to the waves crashing on the beach all day and especially night. The sunsets are gorgeous! We stayed in a king bed room with a partial kitchen (microwave, full refrigerator, coffee pot, dishes and silverware for two). The room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. AC worked well.

Date of stay: August 2018