“A French MISS !!”

Neighbourhood: Coconut Grove
Cross street: Main highway
Description: Others Try To Copy, But I Am The Original
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My thoughtful girlfriend booked this via Groupon. After reading several negative reviews about such transactions i mentioned our voucher upfront in the hope of avoiding any "confusion".My plan unfortunately backfired.
I found the menu rather limited given its French connection.Yes they had a few French dishes but no real classics like boeuf bourgignon or coq au vin etc.We did like the "Avocado Tartare" as an appetiser,..tasty and fresh, not so the filet mignon and rib-eye which were over-cooked and tepid while the truffle fries reclined in a residue of oil.
The place lacked ambiance and given its attempt to be European and charge fairly high prices i would suggest the owners be more engaging with customers and provide cloth napkins instead of cheap paper.
Prior to eating we had walked around the Grove and many restaurants were buzzing with locals on this Saturday evening: George's had three occupied tables...I wonder why ??
If you preference is for quality and authenticity then keep on walking.
Let me end on a positive note.Thank goodness for Eduardo.A wonderfully caring server who made the difference.If not for him one star would have sufficed.

1  Thank ALTER007

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Got a Groupon for this restaurant, otherwise, might have missed it. The food was excellent, the service was great, the price was right :-) would have been a bit expensive without the Groupon. Very happy with the location, the service, and the quality of the food. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a charming place right in the middle of Coconut Grove.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

First time there on 1/20/17 and thoroughly disappointed. We purchased a Groupon for a three course meal for two. Ordinarily that would mean two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts. Their Groupon fine print didn't negate that assumption either. We get there and when we go to order the waiter starts listing these limitations. Just wonderful. -_-

We were sat down and it was not busy at all for a Friday night yet we had to ask a busboy for water after sitting there for a good 15 mins. We ordered the salmon tartar and the steak, UNPALATABLE. No or weird flavor and just subpar.

When it came time to order dessert, I asked for a manager explaining the deal we bought while showing him the Groupon itself. The manager kept repeating to me that it should state the restrictions even though regardless of him saying that, it DIDN'T say. He then tried to placate us with "free ice cream." I'm surprised he didn't ask me if I wanted sprinkles seeing as I must have looked 10 to him.

It took forever to get served, it took so long for them to come back to the table and to give us the check. We even contemplated just leaving without paying since we sat there for like 30 mins before they gave us our check. NEVER again. And if you want to have a nice dinner, please don't go there. You'll end up disappointed with the service and hungry. I'm only giving it one star because no stars isn't an option.

They also canceled my OpenTable reservation THREE days after we already went just so I couldn't leave a bad review on the site. I had to email OpenTable to have them correct it. I am so shocked about all of this. Thank you for making our first date night of the year so miserable. Fellow diners, please just avoid this place at all cost.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Great for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner!!! Been there for more than 20 years, a rarity in Miami especially! Great Parisian bistro vibe with excellent food! Try the Chilean Sea Bass or Chicken, it is amazing! Don't miss the Chocolate Mousse Terrine. Oh and ask for Seb as your server if you can, he's FUN & Witty! Bon appetit!

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Appreciable the quality of the food. Nice the style and the design of the place although We were under the impression that some feature are in decadence. Slightly insufficient the price/quality comparison.