“Simple Fare - simple taste”

Pei Wei Asian Diner
Ranked #1,234 of 4,802 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Went for dinner earlier this week after a long day at work. Wanted something simple and quick. Wait staff is pleasant and friendly. Order is placed at the counter and they bring over to your table. Share a plate of Spring rolls ( 4 pcs) with my sister and we each ordered the Wonton soup which was bland. I also order 1/2 a sushi roll which was ice cold and tasted pre-made. Overall - not such a satisfying meal... and over-priced for the quality even though the quantity was ok. It was my first time at a Pei Wei and was expecting more... guess you get what you pay for...

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Pei wei food is relatively healthy that is why I go there. This location though, is not clean. The floors are dirty and sticky and this was over all the 10+ times I have been there in the last 2 months! Why do I still go there? Like I said food is healthy. But sometimes they run out of what you want to order, sometime they get the order wrong, sometimes they just forget you ordered and are waiting for your food, then they bring with ingredients that aren't supposed to be in the dish. And the snap pea sharp edges aren't taken out, so either they get stuck in your throat or or you have to spit them out. I even sent feedback to pei wei. Haven't heard back from them either. Management needs substantial improvement. It is an asian diner not just chinese or Japanese.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I have been to pei wei in various cities. Went here twice recently. The floor, tables and the restaurant overall is so dirty, the stench remains on your shoes and in your nose even after you leave. This seems to be a general problem with several bars and restaurants in south florida. Is there even a creature called manager and what is that person managing! Where are and what are the local health departments doing is a mystery.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

From the exterior, the poster sized menu at the entranceway, and nice decor, we expected a pretty decent dinner at a reasonable price. Wrong!
In six decades of ordering hot and sour soup all over the US and world, I've never taken the first spoonful and pushed the bowl away. I did so here. It tasted unlike any other such soup ever, and someone also added a fatal level of salt. We should have walked out then. But since it's a counter order cafeteria-like place and I already had my main course at the table, I tried it. The poke bowl was rancid and tasteless. Nothing meshed. To make up for the lack of taste, they added the hottest pieces of pepper they could find to kill the rest of the item. It still couldn't overcome the dried out lettuce and tasteless diced vegetables. The raw tuna consisted of 1 teaspoonful of diced fish. Also, this allegedly Asian place had NO Asians cooking or working there! DON'T GO THERE. Save yourself upset and a burning mouth. And overpriced to boot!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

The food is acceptable, the people working at the place are the rudest I have ever seen, they have the dirty place, the floors, the tables are in a state of awesome dirt, it seems a case of serious management issues and very bad atmosphere of work.

Been to Pei Wei Asian Diner? Share your experiences!