“Not good even after being refurbished ”
Review of Here Comes the Sun

Here Comes the Sun
Ranked #1,519 of 4,539 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

They completely remodeled this place from what it used to be. I do not understand how they have such a following. This place is really a standard shopping plaza restaurant with a very few vegetarian options

Reviewed 13 October 2015

This place was weird. Totally empty on a Monday (mid-morning). We were greeted by two guys milling about the counter. Wanted some kind of brunch type food but nothing on their menu came close. Usually we would have given it a shot but the vibe was just off (and so was the lack of other customers). Skip this place and go to Choices Cafe on 79th St.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

My friends who are locals, not a transplant like myself, told me to check out this place. Having driven by this location many times, I was right to do so.

I finally stopped by recently with a friend. You could easily miss it driving through the Sans Souci area. Inside, I wasn't sure what was going on? It sort of looked like a cafe, it looked somewhat like a health food store with shelves of vitamins and minerals. And it looked like they were renovating other areas. The tables and chairs were broken or ripped up. Poor choice of finishes. Wow! This is a fancy place, I thought. Definitely a strange vibe in here.

The menu is all over the place. I am not sure what type of restaurant this place is trying to be...Vegetarian, Healthy Eating, Seafood? It's really hard to tell. There are some dishes that look like they might cater to the gluten free folks while other dishes like the chicken and cheese are about as healthy as a Big Mac at Mickey D's. And their pricing seems to be abit out of whack too. $13 for a wrap? It better have foie gras and kobe beef in there for that price.

Nonetheless, the chicken and cheese which is one dish this place is known for was selected. What came out was a mixture of chicken and cheese over top of a small dollop of brown rice in a tin pie pan that had the edges crisped by the broiler. One taste and I could not eat another bite. Way too rich!

On to service: It was pretty bad. We came after the lunch hour but still were pressed for time. With only a few tables of people, our dish still took almost an hour to get out to us. There were no apologies and the waitress could care less of the time.

This place may have been around awhile and maybe it will continue to be, but not with me as a patron. The Sun may be coming but no amount of money Could Buy Me Love!

Reviewed 22 September 2014 via mobile

Never a complaint. Menus is varied and healthy. I always leave satisfied. Cute place too. Off the beaten path of biscayne boulevard.

1  Thank parkcity1111
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The first time I went to Here Comes the Sun, I was well over-hyped and didn't understand why everyone was so insistent on the "chicken and cheese..." HAHA. Well the hype was certainly met. I have still never finished a portion of this huge delicious (and not so bad for you!) pile of perfectly cooked brown rice, covered with chunks of juicy breaded chicken (or tofu!) and just absolutely and satisfyingly covered with gooey hot cheese. The key is to break it open and let the steam out, while also making room for you to drizzle their famous "sun sauce" all over it. Pair that with their sweet potato fries and you'll understand why it's called "Here Comes the Sun."

2  Thank Christina F

Been to Here Comes the Sun? Share your experiences!