“REAL ITALY.”

Caro Mio Ristorante
Ranked #752 of 4,513 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We were immediately seated by the owner at a great table. the service very friendly and efficient. .My Veal Parmisan was above average, the risotto my wife asked for was not the best according to her. My daughter in law requested a Ravioli with Pears and Gorgonzola cheese that was very good. The owner recommended a bottle of Don Geronimo red wine very good at $38. we were four so we did have two bottles. I do recommend this restaurant .

Reviewed 3 October 2016

As a fan of Italian food, I was glad to check this place out when a friend suggested we go. There is free parking, which is a rarity in Coral Gables. As my favorite Italian dish is eggplant parmigiana, I was looking forward to sampling it at this location, but looking over the whole menu, I only saw chicken parmigiana. When I asked the waiter, he said that they only put eggplant parmigiana on the lunch menu. That makes no sense at all and I have never heard of such a thing at any Italian restaurant. If they were smart, they would have offered to prepare it anyway. I ended up ordering a classic margarita pizza. Though the description stated that it contained mozzarella and basil, I think they forgot the basil, as I did not taste it at all. The pizza tasted no different than a frozen pizza one would get at a bowling alley, amusement park, or snackbar. Worst of all, the crust was very black and burned and the cheese was literally dusted with a layer of unhealthy ash/soot. It tasted like eating charcoal. The brick oven it was prepared in needs to be cleaned out. Though the pizza was just about the least expensive entree on the menu (about $11.00), I could have gotten a better pizza more than triple the size from Little Caesars for half the price ($5.00). I may give this place another chance someday in the future, but am in no rush to return.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

On main street Coral Way, exists an Italian/Uruguayan restaurant , with simple decor but fabulous meals, at affordable prices, and the service second to none .
The veal Francese would be hard to beat,
With very tender veal and savory sauce, it was so good, my wife ordered it too.
We accompanied it with a bottle of Villa Marin Pinot Grigio, great match, and we finished with Chocolate Soufflé, the best in Miami.
When you ask for the bill, they bring a small roulette wheel, and if you pick the
Right number, the meal is free.
This was our second visit, and there will be more.

1  Thank Luirro1
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent meal! Delicious food great service!!! The lamb chops with mushroom risotto awesome. The sea bass over spinach awesome! Must return

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Almost one year in the place where rest. Little Havana used to be...Argentine ownership now and an Italian restaurant. Good Happy Hour offering with tapa style snack. Atmosphere could be worked but staff and management are trying their best to impress the customer. We have the feeling that it is still a looking for own identity. Food was good....not spectacular but a good 3.

1  Thank Cornelis M