“Russian food”

St Petersburg Deli
Ranked #1,484 of 4,526 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This is a place where you go when you crave for some Russian food and Russian atmosphere. Sit outside with beer in a thick beer glass and meat and cheese accouterments

Reviewed 16 January 2015

Food is over cooked and too heavy on salt. The service is fair but not overly friendly. The atmosphere is noisy and smoky. Not the place for a quiet, relaxing meal.

1  Thank 614richardw57
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The food is good and exquisite,the desserts cinematic and russian sodas and beer excellent,but,all the menus and signs are in russian and the employees speak very little if none english,it leaves the impression that they don't really want any non-russian customer and since you don't know what's written in the menu and they appear not to care about it,you never really know how much you are going to spend.
The food is good though...

2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 27 December 2012

You expect to find Spanish speakers in this area, but a place where you have trouble communicating because they only speak Russian was not anticipated. Great little place with many Russian delicacies. Very friendly people. Enjoyed our visit.

1  Thank Thunder D
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I have been a frequent customer at this deli in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. I have been going there frequently for the last couple of years mainly to buy the dark bread, smoked fish, cold cuts, and Northern European type foods. This March I stopped by with my daughter. We sat at the tables outside to have sandwiches. We ate the sandwiches and drank two sodas (about $20).When we finished eating I decided to buy some snacks to bring home. I bought a 2 lb. loaf of imported Russian-style dark bread (about $6), some pickled herring ($8 approx), and a whole smoked mackerel (about $12). The mackerel was shrink wrapped in thick, hard plastic. The owner placed everything in one thin plastic bag of the cheap generic ones that say "thank you" that merchants buy by the thousands. When I got home, the smoked mackerel was not in the bag. The sharp plastic had cut through the cheap ultra-thin plastic bag "thank you" bag and the mackerel had fallen out somewhere between the Deli and my car. I went back, looked in the parking lot, but could not find the mackerel. I went into the store and politely showed them the bag and explained what had happened. The owner snapped back rudely "you ripped bag" saying that I had intentionally ripped the bag to get another fish for free. I was shocked by her reaction. The items should have been placed in two bags, not one (the bags are cheap enough), and the fish should have been double bagged to keep the thick shrink wrap plastic fish covering from cutting the kleenex-thin carrying bag. And it certainly was not necessary for this lady to rudely snap back and ridiculously accuse me of plotting the whole thing. The fish probably costs her wholesale $2-$4. If I was a store owner I would have replaced the fish to keep a regular customer that had just spent about $50 at my store, rather than lose him or her. But she chose to get confrontational and kept arguing. Additionally, my daughter had picked a lollipop by the cash register, which had a broken seal and shold not have been available for sale. I told my daughter to put it back. This shows a lack of concern for customers needs and health. I called the Sunny Isles Beach police because the owner got very loud and my daughter was frightened by her. The police tried to mediate but she kept refused to even discuss the matter. The officers finally told me that they agreed with me but could do nothing because this was a civil matter. They suggested I complain to the BBB and also call the Health Department because of the open lollipops The owner needs some training in customer service. I certainly will never go back there.

3  Thank Foodlover33154