15 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$261
PricelineUS$261
Prestigia.comUS$392
5,239 results
All reviews wine hour social club south beach pool area lincoln road pool staff front desk staff rooms are small happy hour pool party resort fee beautiful pool beach access an umbrella the entire staff beach service amazing service
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

During my stay at kimpton Surfcomber Hotel was totally amazing. But most of all the yoga classes provided is a must to attend. For anyone that lost sight of how to connect their mind body and soul, Meea the instructor will provide you with technique of loving yourself, how to be one with yourself. How to be compassionate, forgiving and must of all receiving what you want from this life. I must say her encouragement to push yourself I will always remember. She is one of the best instructor I've ever had. Before attending her class my body was tight and in pain. But after my 2 session with her I can do things I could do before and I feel relaxed and pain free. Thank you Meea for everything.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Karl Mondesir, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad that you enjoyed Meea and our yoga sessions we offer here as part of our Daylife activities. We will definitely commend Meea to her attentiveness during your yoga class. Please come back next time you're in Miami!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Surfcomber. Our room was great, comfortably appointed though on the smaller side. However this is typical of most retro hotels that have maintained much of their original footprint.

We didn’t realize we were going to be here over the food and wine festival so our first two nights were a bit noisier than expected. No one said anything about it during booking nor at check in. It is the kind of thing that would have been nice to know since the second night the hotel was hosting a private event that went on until midnight.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and what we have to offer. We apologize that we didn't communicate the South Beach Wine and Food Fest volume to you during your stay. We hope that despite the hiccups, we can have you back on our property next time you're in Miami.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Carla was AMAZING!!! We did in water Zumba and she was awesome!!! Please seek her out if you are here!! So much fun!! She is also available for additional classes if you want more. She is so energetic and enthusiastic! She definitely got us up and moving!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much, DanielP376. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our daylife activities, specifically Zumba with Carla. We'll definitely commend Carla for this review. We hope to see you stretching under the sun again next time you're in Miami!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a terrific stay at Kimpton Surfcomber. We had a prior stay at this location many years ago when they first opened up and our recent visit did not disappoint! A big shout out to Karl at the front desk for making this combo Anniversary and Birthday trip extra special with a welcome gift. And a HUGE shout out to JAMES over at the High Tides restaurant. James welcomed us and provided us with the best service we’ve had in South Beach. We would have hung out more poolside but had a packed schedule. I was also very impressed with the concierge/front desk texting service, and even share with my buddies how impressed I was to have fresh towels delivered to the room only five minutes after texting the request which received a personalized response. I see you Dairelys and Michelle! ;)

Now on to the review:

When booking the property I was curious if Kimpton had changed its vibe after joining IHG. I am thrilled to say they did not and still have its special boutique feel and above and beyond service.

The lobby is very welcoming and checkin was a breeze. The hotel offers onsite valet parking, but we opted to park our rental at the nearby Lincoln Place garage for about $40 a night.

Our room was ready on time and the king sized bed was very comfortable. The room itself was well appointed with one everything might need. Due to COVID there is no in-room housekeeping however the texting system makes it very easy to order fresh towels, sheets, toiletries, etc.

The indoor restaurant is great for breakfast. We found ourselves ordering “the Surfcomber” and I swear it had some of the best bacon I’ve ever had. Complimentary coffee is served early in the morning, in the event you aren’t sleeping in.

Poolside is super fun and the DJ is great. In the event that there aren’t any chairs available you can put yourself on a waitlist and the host will text you when chairs open up. In the meantime, you can head down to the beach where there will be two chairs waiting forever you.

High Tides pool service was awesome and James took very good care of us and kept us laughing with his humor. He really did make our stay remarkable and made sure we never went empty. He should be given a promotion to Food and Beverage Director :) The day of my husbands birthday, James made sure to scout us out and wish him a happy birthday! You won’t get that type of service at another hotel on Collins.

To wrap it up, we had a great stay at Kimpton Surfcomber and would return in a heartbeat. The only thing I would have done differently is spend more time beachside :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Wow, thank you so much for your feedback. We're so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait for you to be back next time you're in Miami. We truly appreciate this 5 star review, NuTTeRz911.

Reviewed 12 May 2021 via mobile

Thank you for another wonderful stay at the Kimpton Surfcomber! Perfect location, beautiful pool, spotless rooms and all areas! Most of all....awesome staff! Service and Food is amazing too! Thank you!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karl Mondesir, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Thank you for your 5 star review, B4049CSrayg! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself during this return trip to our property. We're so excited to welcome you back time and time again with open arms so you can continue enjoying the property's location, pool, accommodations and other amenities. Come back again soon!