“Good food but wouldn't recommend”

Tropical Beach Cafe
Ranked #206 of 1,112 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Oceanfront
Reviewed 30 June 2017

very small location, very cramped... Waitresses aren't consistent with service. You don't really know who the official waitress is. The food was good though and they give a lot. I would recommend getting your food to-go/

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I went twice both times I was far from happy , first time the waitress didn't help me with the menu after I asked her for recommendations and I didn't get what I ordered , I ended up with some tasteless soup and i went to the Italian restaurant on the corner for a nice meal . Second time was by default because subway was busy and I ordered a takeaway sandwich , it took forever to come and I had to ask the waitress where's my sandwich oh she said I forgot , I also had to ask for my change as well . It looks like a family business and all the waitresses just stand around and talk to each other . it's cheap food but it's very average at best and I won't be going back .

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

As tourists, we've been looking for that genuine experience. And you could say we got it here - a surly waitress coming over throwing straws at the table, heart-clogging food on plastic cutlery, fries with everything and beautiful, sweet freshly squeezed orange juice. The only missing part was proper coffee, we got instant. Prices low for Miami. Absolutely worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I ordered the filet of red snapper, with congri and maduros. The fish, although it was grilled, was nice and moist, seasoned perfectly (not overly spiced), and very fresh tasting and light, nice large portion. The sides were tasty. The service was good, waitress polite. The only thing that I did not like, and I was alerted to it by other reviews, was that they do NOT show you the check. I paid with cash in order to avoid what I saw what was happening with other customers who used a credit card. The tip is included, but they asked them if they wanted to leave a tip. The unsuspecting tourist said yes, and added one to the card. The local girl next to me, politely said "no". She knew that it was added already.

1  Thank Helene H
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Authentic taste, ample portions and reasonable prices. I stop by whenever I'm in Miami and I'm looking for a great lunch or dinner. Only thing missing is Free Refills on sodas. Definitely go check them out, the next time I'm in South Beach I'm going again.