“Excellent food! ”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Oceanfront
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Miami is one of my favorite places. Not very family friendly and if an event is happening forget finding parking. This being said I can see why a place like this would get negative reviews. If you walk into this place with certain expectations you will be disappointed I imagine. We walked in with no expectations because that is the perfect way in my opinion. We were pleasantly surprised for the negative reviews this place got. A short walk from the palms hotel and we had plantains and nice Cuban food. The coffee was excellent as well and the price was even better. For the price and quality of food this has to get five stars. The waitress was awesome and very pleasant as well. Do not expect a five star restaurant with the service to follow. That is not what this is. This is local Cubans serving food and has that mom pop feel. Excellent place, I already miss it.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We went there for lunch as we where tired of overpriced restaurants at Miami Beach, we had steak, shrimps and the red snapper filet, everything was very good and we also had black beans and salate. The service was a bit slow, but the food was very tasty and delicious, I would absolutely recommend this place, good value for money.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Cheap price; horrible service and the food is ok. We had breakfast; eggs and so on. They were tasteless. We had to ask for coffee 5 times. People next to us were also very unhappy with the service.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

very small location, very cramped... Waitresses aren't consistent with service. You don't really know who the official waitress is. The food was good though and they give a lot. I would recommend getting your food to-go/

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I went twice both times I was far from happy , first time the waitress didn't help me with the menu after I asked her for recommendations and I didn't get what I ordered , I ended up with some tasteless soup and i went to the Italian restaurant on the corner for a nice meal . Second time was by default because subway was busy and I ordered a takeaway sandwich , it took forever to come and I had to ask the waitress where's my sandwich oh she said I forgot , I also had to ask for my change as well . It looks like a family business and all the waitresses just stand around and talk to each other . it's cheap food but it's very average at best and I won't be going back .