“The Best Sales and Marketing Team on South Beach”

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #114 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have been waiting and waiting for The Breakwater to open and it is finally ready... I am an event planner who deals with Hotel Sales Reps Daily and I must say that Anna is one of the premiere Reps in the Country and in my top 2 in Miami Beach. She has worked hard to make sure that my event goes over without any issues and she has accommodated my every need. The rooms are great, the rooftop is great! If you are looking for a chic sexy hotel with a great Sales Team for your next event, the Breakwater is the place. Now cross your fingers that my event is as great as the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kevinjhcw
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear kevinjhcw,

Thank you very much for your great Feedback. I am pleased to hear that our team was able to deliver excellent service and you actually ranked them as top in the country. I will be sure to share your Feedback with the Team. We look forward to hosting your next event very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

I booked 2 months in advance for memorial day weekend a 3 night stay at breakwater hotel. The day before arrival the hotel emailed me to let me know the hotel was not completed (construction) in time! Talk about horrible customer service. They left me hanging with NO other hotel options due to the fact it was memorial day weekend. they did nothing to make up for the inconvenince in fact the management didnt return calls or emails to address the situation still a month later. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank carolinvaca
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I have experienced Miami on many levels but THIS brought it to a entire new level. The service, the atmosphere, the food. ALL UNREAL. What a beautiful hotel. The accomodations were first class and the service was outstanding!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank anadarielli
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear anadarielli,

Thank you very much for your amazing comments. I will be sure to share your Feedback with our entire staff. We look forward to once again “rocking” your South Beach experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

I was en route to South American and my flight was canceled, so I booked a different South Beach hotel for the night I had before my rescheduled flight and, by some bizarre systemic glitch, that hotel was completely full when I arrived. After two hours of back and forth with that hotel and booking.com, the super-nice booking.com representative found the Breakwater and made me a reservation. The staff at Breakwater were incredibly kind and accommodating from the moment I arrived. Apparently the hotel just opened this week, so there were a few minor bumps (like tricky keys), but the great attitude of [ALL] the staff more than made up for any hitches. I wish I'd been able to check out more of the amenities, but the part that was important to me on this particular visit--namely a comfortable room (with a great shower) very close to the beach--was excellent. And the friendly, super-helpful staff was a nice bonus!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank mobilia5

Dear mobilia5,

I am very happy to hear that our team was able to turn your negative experience with the canceled flight into a pleasant stay. We look forward to once again being able to share our unfiltered lifestyle with you, next time please be sure to experience our many amazing amenities.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

After communicating with the Breakwater this past month (where there employees were all too eager to provide false information about opening status - information that varied day by day and person by person!), AND taking into account these first Tripadvisor reviews, it's clear that the Breakwater does not realistically know when they will open. In the Breakwater's defense, they are not mind readers and have no way of knowing exactly when the clearance will come through. however, continuing to take reservations in good faith for their *5 STAR PROPERTY and then placing these individuals in substandard accommodations is less than ethical (Hotel Chatter.com claims that the Breakwater has been situating customers mainly in the *3 STAR Park Central Hotel; among others - all of which are substandard by anyone's criteria!). In fact, there have been reviews here on Tripadvisor that claimed the Breakwater put them in inferior accommodations; and I believe 1 review in which Breakwater did nothing at all for the customer because the reservation was booked through a 3rd party online; as many of their reservations will come from! As the Breakwater will clearly stand by, in fact flaunt, their *5 STAR rating, how would they expect customers to feel when they are provided with less (and this seems to be the best case scenario thus far)? Ok, so their initial opening rates were inexpensive and they don't feel like paying to situate their customers in another 5-star property (something we should not have to concern ourselves with incidentally!). How about The monstrous Lowes down the block, or some other more appealing *4 star properties? What standard of accommodation will the Breakwater GUARANTEE their unsuspecting customers when they arrive based on a reservation taken in good faith and are subsequently offered less - if anything at all? PLEASE DON"T FORGET TO ADDRESS THIS IN YOUR RESPONSE - MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL!!! How can you prevent customers from having an embarrassing and frustrating situation upon arrival? For selfish purposes, here's a scenario: My wife and I booked a reservation (through Kayak - who did it through Easy Click Travel - Reservation #13218981) back on April 11 for a July 1 & 2 stay. This is your LOW SEASON! Thus, vacancies will certainly be available in the area. If you are not open by then, what will you do for us (and the many others will will find themselves in the same situation)? I would appreciate contact from you. I will report again how the Breakwater chose to handle this. I hope for all of us that they are prepared to do the honorable thing!

David