US$155
US$148
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$299
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$167
Official Website
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$555
US$225
  • Beachfront
The Standard, Miami(Miami Beach)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$266
US$259
Hotels.com
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$180
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Hotel Astor(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$112
  • Restaurant
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$187
Official Site
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$179
  • Beachfront
1818 Meridian House(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$176
US$139
1,920 results
All reviewsocean drivesouth beachfree bikesjunior suitebeach towelsbreakfast was includednight lifethe location is perfectvalet parkingpablomiamiactionclubsrooftopnightlifecruisebellman
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night post-cruise in mid-December. The hotel has been renovated recently and everything is looking as good as new. Wonderful decoration in the rooms and in the reception. We just loved the Christmas Tree.
We were pleasantly surprised that there was almost no noise from the street and we slept very well indeed. Staff were helpful and pleasant and the food in the restaurant below very good. We would certainly be happy staying here for a longer trip.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to the noise from Ocean Drive, ask for a back room.
1  Thank Mines_10
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Mines10,

Thank you for such and encouraging review! As always we appreciate the time you have spent with us and look forward to your next stay. Our rooms are beautifully decorated as they have gone through a very expansive renovation. We can not wait till your prompt return.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

The hotel is clean and modern and the location is great- that said, people need to understand what South Beach is like. It is loud, boisterous and intrusive, I found that Hotel Breakwater offered a pleasant escape from the chaotic scene. The roof top lounge is very relaxing and comfortable. Also, the beach access and lounge chairs were a great plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful- the bellmen, concierge and the guy setting up our beach chairs offered the epitome of great service.

Room Tip: Our room was in a corner and in the back offering no view but was quiet which was perfect! It can get very loud especially on weekends.
4  Thank Lekelis
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear Lekelis,

At Breakwater we appreciate your feedback! Great service is part of our service culture that we work hard to mantain. We are proud to know that your stay with us was magnificent and as always the Gem of South Beach eagerly awaits your return!

Reviewed 16 December 2011

The location is excellent and the service could not be faulted. Valet, doorman, check-in and concierge, always nice greetings and offers to help. Clearly a lot of effort has been made in this area and it looks to have paid off. No sign of a hard sell from the outside restaurant promotion staff, either.

OK the rooftop pool is still "pending permit" but the lap pool and connecting walkway to the adjoining building looks almost complete, and of course the beach is just yards away.

The room (315, next to elevator but that caused no disturbance) was tastefully furnished, well-equipped and had the comfiest bed I have enjoyed for a while. Large safe though wardrobe space limited. Great tea/coffee machine.

The free internet was rather slow as was the elevator, minor annoyances. Excellent HD TV. Of course the disturbance was the band that played a short distance from the window until 3am, but that was no surprise and, as others have commented, is what you have to expect if staying on Ocean Drive. I suggest however the hotel leaves complementary earplugs by the bed, luckily I had my own.

The hotel collects some kind of mandatory "resort fee" in addition to the room rate, I don't really know what I was supposed to receive for that (a towel if I used the beach?). However it was not a massive sum and did not detract from an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the main building will likely be noisiest.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank chacann

Dear chacann,

Thank you for your reply about our Hotel! We always strive to provide everyone of our guests with the best service available and make sure that we leave no stone unturned when it comes to our cleanliness and room amenities.
We thank you in advance for choosing Hotel Breakwater to be the your home away from home and can not wait for your prompt return.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

I booked this hotel finally on Expedia after going back and forth between this and Hotel @800. I chose this and I'll never regret it. The service is exceptional and I would stay here every time I visit South Beach. Upon arriving, my girlfriend and I didn't even have to lift a finger. The cab dropped us right in front on the building and a bell hop took our bags so we can check in, and while we waited, we were offered champagne. They told us our room was around the corner in their newer building so, the bell took our bags there, showed us our room and gave us a rundown of all the amenities. He was very helpful. I needed ice, someone brought it. I needed toothpaste, someone brought it, and very fast too! The whole staff was very inviting and very attentive to my needs with speedy service. The hotel charges a $15 hotel fee daily for wifi, beach towels and chairs too, so thats great because anyone who's ever stayed in SoBe and went to the beach knows that the cost for beach chairs which will run around $20-$25 per chair.
The room came with DirecTv w/ 60 channels, iHome for iPod and iPhone, very comfortable bed, and very nice room. They are still doing renovations, but when done they will have a pool that wasn't completed yet when I went, but they do have a roof top where you can tan or just relax and have drinks overlooking the ocean and ocean drive. Very modern looking and great experience. I will only stay here or Hotel @ 800 (or The Hotel) from now on

3  Thank CWJV715

Dear CWJV715,

We appreciate your comment about our Hotel! We are the gem of Ocean Drive and as such we treat every one of our guests with the warmth and care you won't find anywhere else. Thank you for making us and choosing us to be your home away from home!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I booked this hotel for a two day stay prior to a family Caribbean cruise. The hotel was awesome and a perfect start to my pre retirement holiday. I booked three rooms for my party which totalled six. I researched like an anorak before I decided,what struck me about some of the reviews was namely noise,expensive and amount of people in the area. The other common topic being the completion of the POOL. This location is the premier location on south beach only a complete fool would expect a library like ambience and sparse human traffic. we just enjoyed one big party at the hotel and several nearby bars and restaurants. I also chose the hotel for the art deco aspect. All three rooms didn't disappoint and were of an excellent size,good decor and extremely comfortable large beds. We had a view of the sea from an angle from the top floor of the hotel wing which cannot be accessed via the main reception , however this isn't problematic just a short walk around the corner to a secure entrance. The receptionists were very professional and on our arrival we all received free champagne. My daughters loved the location. The area is surprisingly quite peaceful during the daytime and there are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops nearby. The place rocks in the evening in a nice way,at no time after going to bed did I hear any noise, I can only imagine that people in other reviews who complain about the noise didn't close the bedroom windows, the double glazed windows easily suppressed the party atmosphere. Plenty of meal deals and two for one drinks available. I did pay at the bar across the road from the hotel a fiver for half a bud but who cares. The rooms were very clean with new fixtures and fittings. The coffee maker is neat gizmo which produced excellent coffee. I had hired the usual big american truck to convey six and a vast amount of luggage,the hotel has no car ark on site,however the car ark valet service is quick and very efficient. I thought the price for the service was reasonable,I also thought the price paid for my group again was reasonable bearing in mind,the brilliant location. The hotel was awesome and the perfect start to my holiday prior to picking up the Oasis of the Seas in Ft lauderdale. I forgot to mention the pool, I misread a previous review and thought the pool had been completed. The pool aspect is a common thread on several other reviews,let's just say it won't be finished until 2013,however after the initial disappointment in now way shape or form did the non existent pool impact on our location. I personally would have jumped in once,there is too much going on to waste time in a pool.

Room Tip: Go for a top floor sea view and don't worry whether it's full on or via an angle
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DealKing

Dear DealKing,

Thank you so much for a great review! Our Hotel is indeed conviniently located in the hub of South Beach with easy access to the beach and nearby restaurants and entertainment. As always, we can not wait to have you back in our Hotel and enjoy the beautiful sunshine in Miami Beach!