“Food was disappointing. Recipes average to below par”
Review of Fung Ku

Fung Ku
Reserve with OpenTable
Fung Ku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 1,165 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Korean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at The Catalina Hotel in the heart of South Beach, Serving Asian Fusion, Sushi, Korean BBQ & Thai Cuisine. Featuring a full bar and nightly events including live music & DJ's. Experience some of the finest Korean BBQ and drink selections in South Beach. Try our slow-braised pork ribs wok-seared with a tangy Asian BBQ sauce or the famous Big Caterpillar Specialty Roll. We are open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 21 May 2018

This is a nice looking restaurant, however the fare was below par compared to local sushi and Chinese restaurants in various town new Jersey locations. Serving sizes were quite small and food temperature was warm and not hot enough to give you the impression it was just prepared. Expensive for what was being served.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

The service was very good. It just had a fast food and drink feel. Of course I understand the need for this.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I would say it s better than average day to day japanese food. It tastes nice and tge Staff is nice as well. I RECOMMEND.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Danica's service was amazing ! She was extremely friendly & fast. the food was great as well. I'd recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This place looks nice. Once you sit down, that perception changes. The staff is all over the map- there is no dedicated server. I was trying to locate the waitress who took my order to order another beverage...- eventually I gave up and approached another staff member. Later, it became clear why that is. They automatically add 20% (!!) - to the check. That is 14% service and 6% staff- never seen this before.
So the result is below standard service.

The food portions were small - and not great sushi either. I had been to Sushi Samba on Lincoln Road (3 min walking) and found the sushi rolls much better!!! (I am not a chain person lover, so it takes something for me to write this).

The sum if it left me with a bad overall impression. They take advantage of their location.

Been to Fung Ku? Share your experiences!