“Family Vacation”

Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza
Ranked #19 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I love the Art Deco look of this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the location is beautiful. My family stayed in a two bedroom two bathroom suite and it was perfect over looking the oceanfront. This location have a hidden gem, and that is Paul or Tall Paul to some. He is the go to person. A nice young man that is helpful when looking for places to go or a nice restaurant to have a meal. I can't wait to go back to this property

Room Tip: Nice rooftop deck with a hot tub
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed at the McAlpin for three nights. I applaud HGVC for using an existing hotel and renovating it. The rooms are not really up to Hilton's usual standards, but I understand that there is just so much they could do with these small bedrooms. Generally speaking, the rooms are very nice. They are clean and have everything that you need. The location on Ocean Drive is outstanding. We were close to all of the exciting action. Directly across the street from the beach. The problem I have is with the housekeeping staff. I was told that our bed would not be made because we were only staying three nights, but I was also told that towels would be replaced if I needed. I called housekeeping at about 6:30 am on our last day. I asked that my dirty towels be exchanged for clean ones. I was told that housekeeping would replace them. I told them that they had all day to do it because we were going to Key West and wouldn't
t be back until about 10:00 pm. When we got back, the same pile of dirty wet towels were in a heap on the floor. I called again and someone did bring clean towels, but I feel that clean towels should have already been in the room. This is a nice hotel in a great location. I will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Frugalista2012
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your review. I am so sorry housekeeping missed replacing your towels while you were away. I can assure you I will look into this incident, and we will make the necessary steps to avoid such incident in the future. Hope you had a great stay and looking forward seeing you again soon.

Eva Borsos

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Best location in the heart of South Beach and right across the street from the beach. The place is very secure with keycard access only. Everyone working there was so friendly and helpful, and made our stay wonderful. I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted you had a great stay. We're looking forward to your next visit.

Eva Borsos

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The hotel is very nice and the staff is very friendly. The location is nice if you want to be able to walk right out to the beach. However, there was a very loud water noise "rushing" through the pipes throughout the night and in the early morning when people above us were going to the bathroom and showering. It was so bad that we did not get a good night sleep the entire week. It is unfortunate that such a beautiful resort stay was ruined by this. Especially since it was our anniversary and we don't get very many opportunities to have a vacation to ourself with the kids.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This is the perfect location for business and leisure. Right on Ocean Drive with many Restuarant's and the beach. Hotel is clean and Guillermo was the best staff I've encounter at any Hilton properties.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business