“No regard for the health of their patrons”
Review of Lapis Spa

Lapis Spa
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This used to be my favorite place to come for a massage. I'm 6.5 months pregnant so my husband booked myself a maternity massage and himself a hot stone.

Unfortunately I woke up at 10am on the morning we were going in, totally sick. Coughing, blocked up, just nasty. I did research and it seemed a massage was not the best idea, not only for myself but for the rest of those using the spa facilitates.

I called the spa at 1030am, 5.5 hours before my service, they could hear over the phone that I was 1) sick, and they could see by booking that I am 2) pregnant. They refused to budge about their 6 hour cancellation policy, despite me raising concern for other patrons of the spa. She said the best they could do was open up the time slots and see if anyone else took them. I was not going to take the $150 gamble. So ended up going.

On arrival I expressed my disappointment in the situation, I looked over and saw the manager listening, when I did, she proceeded to walk away. Once again, no help. I got through the massage grossly wiping my nose with apologies to the masseuse.

We got a standard email from a guest service person after, we emailed them explaining the situation, again NO RESPONSE OR RESOLUTION.

So I apologize to those who were there that day, including the other pregnant woman. It's sad when a place perceived to be about the customer is about the bottom line!

Fontainebleau H, Manager at Lapis Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to Lapis Spa. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Our management team has attempted to reach out to you personally via Trip Advisor. We look forward to hearing from you.

All reviews
"water features"
"fontainebleau hotel"
"men and women"

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I had the perfect day at Lapis today. I booked a training session at the Gym and a Master massage after that and I most say I enjoyed every minute I spent there. Lapis is an amazing facility with many water features, great locker room staff and an environment of luxury and peace. I have been on a very strict diet for the last months and I have lost some weight therefore, I needed some training advices at the gym and of course a good massage too. Lapis is the perfect place for both but, also I have access to any place of the amazing Fontainebleau hotel, pools, restaurants, bars. There is music and fun everywhere. Upon my arrival I was warmly welcomed by Juliette, one of the concierge and she made my check in process fast and easy. I had a very productive training session with Andrew who went above and beyond my expectations. I enjoyed the steam room, Deluxe shower, jacuzzi, a huge Co Ed pool for men and women and I had some delicious post work out snacks too. At last but not least, one my best massage ever, Elisa is truly a professional with a great technique and professionalism. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to have an unforgettable experience at Miami Beach.

Dear Ernesto A.

We appreciate your wonderful review! We are happy you were able to experience the Lapis Spa firsthand. It is our mission to deliver a great level of service to all of our guests. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall time at the Lapis Spa and looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This past Sunday my girlfriend and I attended Lapis Spa to celebrate her birthday. We arrived nice and early to use the ammenities the spa has to offer, and we were very impressed. The mineral pools, rain shower, and steam room were amazing and the staff was even better. Rene and Amber at the front desk were so welcoming when we arrived it started off our experience perfectly. Bruno showed me around the facility and was always there for any request or assistance I needed. Tina was my therapist and it was easily the best massage I've ever gotten in my life! It was incredible. My girlfriends therapist was Telsy (spelling?..sorry) and she told me that she made her feel like a queen; and was so friendly throughout the treatment that you could tell she loved what she was doing. It was all around an amazing experience and I cannot wait to go back!

Fontainebleau H, Manager at Lapis Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Mark L.

Thank you for your kind words! Every day our Team Members strive to deliver an exceptional experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us, take advantage of our facilities and enjoy our property overall. We cannot wait to welcome you back to Lapis Spa!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Lapis Salon was amazing! My stylist was great, she did exactly what I wanted and she use Moroccan Oil products that left my hair shinny and smooth. I will def be back.

Fontainebleau H, Manager at Lapis Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review! Our Team Members aim to provide exceptional service and create memorable experiences. We are glad to see we accomplished this with your visit. We will happily pass along your kind words to the entire department. We look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 September 2017

A very large spa which deserves an entire day to be explored. The spa attendants are friendly and anticipatory, guided me to find my way before I asked. I had a Lymphatic Massage with Mary and wow, she gives a great massage.
I recommend the Instant Luminosity facial. Natalia also did a great job! she did a massage in my arms and face and always explained every step of what was going to happen next so I wouldn’t be wondering. Zuley did my nails and she is such a sweet lady, super attentive. Vianny did my hair and she has a strong passion for what she does, she is also very sweet and attentive.
Overall great team!! Make sure you space the treatments so you get to enjoy thermal areas which are not to be missed!

Fontainebleau H, Manager at Lapis Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Jenny C.

Wow! Thank you for your recent review. We are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of our spa. Our Team Members work very hard to elevate your time with us and we will be sure to pass along your kind words to the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic visit!