“Wow. Just wow. ”

Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,164 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I went there on a Sunday night with a group of friends. There were eight of us and between the group we must have sampled everything on the menu.

Excellent service, great vibe and the food was amazing. Chicken and waffles - dude. Now I get it. All food was high quality and presented at the table “family style” so good for our large group.

Ambience was good too. Trendy upscale look with the whole hipster bourbon thing going on. Would go back for sure.

John K, Owner at Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Yardbird Southern Table and Bar in Miami Beach.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the experience!

Jmiller@runchickenrun.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,871)

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We were taken here by some local friends of ours and totally blown away. Their chicken and waffles dish was amazing as were the mule drinks!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the experience!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Based on limited reservation availabilities, it has taken us a while to get there as we are not ones usually to plan a reservation over a week in advance. Even at a week before, dinner time options were right around 5 pm or 10pm, but nothing in between. We ate early and the place was packed! Our expectations were high that we were going to have a great meal and experience. Tables are very close, so you get to know your neighbors! Service was friendly, efficient, and our Server was accommodating to our questions and helpful with providing recommendations as well as modifying our drink orders to suit our tastes. Cocktails were great. I had the famous Chicken and Watermelon and Waffles and my Partner had the Herb Roasted Chicken. Sadly, neither of us were overwhelmed. The highlight to my dish was the spiced watermelon, we both loved it. The entrees overall were decent, but not “great” so hard to understand the high demand. Maybe it’s considered a place to be, and as I mentioned, the service was great.

Our appetizers were the classic buttermilk biscuits and the Fried Green Tomato BLT. Biscuits were really excellent but you need to eat them while they are warm, after cooling down, less desirable. The Fried Green Tomato BLT was ok for me, disliked by my partner.

Our sides were the Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Macaroni & Cheese. The cauliflower mash was very tasty and creamy (we were told it is 60% cauliflower and 40% potato). The Mac and cheese was good but to be honest, it seemed on the same level as Stouffers Mac & Cheese from the grocery store, which I love, but expect more from a dish described as having 5 artisanal cheese.

We decided not to try any desserts. We left being full, had a pleasant conversation with our table neighbors, but we both agreed that the meal was ok, but not a place we would likely return to. Didn’t hate it, but didn’t love it.

1  Thank Robert M

Hello Robert,

I apologize we failed to exceed your expectations. Most of our guests rave about the food and service we offer. I hope you will allow us another chance to impress you with the experience that has made us famous.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Well, paying $36 for a few pieces of chicken is not a common thing. On top of that, chicken was not exceptional. Meat could be definitely more tender and should be more seasoned. I liked the breading which stayed on the chicken nicely. It was crispy and not too oily. Cheddar waffles were a nice addition. Watermelon wasn't spiced at all (what menu suggested). I'd be happy paying for this dish $20. My Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade tasted much better than this chicken and waffles. I haven't tried anything else but after this dish, I have no desire to return here. I like the idea of this place, rustic decor and fancy vibe but when I pay so much for a meal it must be spectacular. The service was so-so, too.

John K, Owner at Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thanks for your review of Yardbird Southern Table and Bar in Miami Beach.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This place is VERY busy, so I 100% recommend booking in advance. But it is so worth it, the food is divine. Between 2 we ordered the black Angus burnt ends for entree, then the St. Louis style pork ribs, 1/2 fried chicken and the macaroni cheese. I can't stop thinking about it.

Thanks for your review of Yardbird Southern Table and Bar in Miami Beach.

We are so glad you enjoyed the experience! We appreciate the feedback and recommendation. I hope we may host you again soon