“Excellent price bur sooooo poor!”

Jazz on South Beach Hostel
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Location: Great! close to the beach (5 min walking) and to the ExpressBus stop for the airport. I was in this place for 3 nights. i did not expect such a poor place, but it was definitely the cheapest option available. The bathrooms are in the dorm and the are no windows. The noise of the AC is really loud and i could feel the wall vibrating next to my bed. The breakfast is almost in-existent and really poor quality. spring-break was not an excuse.

Room Tip: bottom beds.you cannot chose your own nor change it; just when you check-in. Do not drink or smoke a...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

So I've been to many hostels some good and bad, but I've never been to one that had roaches in the rooms or didn't provide some sort of bedding for the mattresses. We were given a small towel for our entire stay, a sheet which I suppose was our "blanket", and a key card that stopped working after one use. Now the roaches were gross, but living in Florida, you're gonna see a roach at some point. I did feel that there was a language barrier between the staff and some of the customers but that's not a deal breaker. The "breakfast" they provide are small pancakes and quick oats along with some coffee. So, not impressive but you get what you pay for I suppose. I will say that this is the quietest hostel I've been to and that almost makes up for everything else.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. Location was excellent, just a couple blocks away from the beach and some great restaurants! Price was good and staff very helpful. Rooms were clean and pancake breakfast hit the spot!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrisld81
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I've been there on for three nights, the location is GREAT!!! I'm a 26 y/o woman, so I'm not gonna recommend this place to old people. Is not 100% clean, the rooms are full of people and the breakfast: 2 pancakes, oat and coffee, but you can add what you like, you have a huge fridge where you can put your stuff. It's not only for travelers, there's people looking for jobs, or another places to live so the place sometimes it turns weird. Very important you have lockers, but you need your own padlock. So I think is perfect for people looking to not expend a lot of money with a excellent location. Not for families, either old people.
The workers in general are good and helpful!
Most IMPORTANT is really cheap and GREAT location, a block away from the beach! Hope this is helpful!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Staff was unfriendly, spoke bad English, gave false info on the area and attractions.
Very few outlets and they were broken, not repaired in a whole week.
Bad lights weren't repaired in a week either.
I checked out late with advance notice the previous day and the staff decided to toss all my stuff in another room, putting my shoes into a bag with other stuff.
Patio closes at 10PM; other hostels don't shut down.
Breakfast is from 9AM-10AM only.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo