All reviews south beach free beach towels yogurt free breakfast perfect location art deco rooms were very clean restaurants and bars night life miami block wardrobe cruise stopover clubs action kitchenette
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Staff was very polite and pleasant, but all other things was terrible. For that price they are charging - too far to good. I didnt like that room wasnt clean enough and it did smell. Main reason im writting is the restaurant.. After all day walking i just wanted to go to room and maybe order some food, drinks or at least come down into it, but restaurant is close. At night time its was a little busy,but for me it was more like dinning room, just people screaming and talking loud, but in day time its closed.. I was dissapointed a little. At least it good location and incredible staff. But i wouldnt come back again. Keep searching guys, there are better places where to spend holidays.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Katia L
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Spent 4 days here. Arrived late and checked in quickly, The staff were fantastic and let us know what we needed. We had to go through the restaraunt to get to our rooms which was a major turn off as the place was busy and we had a lot of bags. The rooms were spacious with big beds and the toilet was fine, but the rooms really did smell. The decor was ok. Got bitten by a few mosquitos at night. The hotel was clean though.
The location is fantastic right next to beach and the strip full of bars and restraunts.Big road works outside so the bus which picked us up couldn't get around so we nearly missed it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Oh dear, where to start....

The brouchure list this as a boutique hotel. It's not, it's just small. Small doesn't mean boutique, which to me implies some sense of individuality, quirkiness etc.

The rooms smell very strongly of disinfectant if you have the air con (and in Miami in September you need it, it's very humid). So given the disinfectant smell (which implies cleanliness) imagine how we laughed at the irony of seeing a cockroach on the bed. We didn't laugh of course.

I complained to the guy at the front desk who offered a change of room or complimentary parking ($25 a night). We took the change of room unsurprisingly and were comforted that we got a room in a different buildling (the hotel is split over 2 adjacent buildings) but really I'd have expected both a new room and free parking. I couldn't be bothered to argue though as we were thankfuly staying just the one night.

What else - it claims to have free wifi but didn't, and the continental breakfast (which was included - rare for US hotels) may as well not have been: a choice of cornflakes, cheerios or white toast, some some quarters of apple and orange which looked like they'd been sitting there too long. And the orange juice was either watered down and or just the very cheap stuff.

On the plus side, you are minutes from Miami Beach, but there must be dozens of hotels that can say the same.

For what it's worth, the 2 staff we met were very nice, but that's not saying much, is it?

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

If your just looking for a bed and a place to shower this is ur place. Other than that they advertise for a continental breakfast but it's ONLY toast. You have to pay for your juice and anything additional u want on the menu. Second, the rooms are divided into two buildings, so if u need ice you have to go to the main office in another building to get it. Don't expect your room cleaned and if cleaned its not till after 3/4 it gets done.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I am writing this review as I sit in the hallway in front of my room wet and covered in sand. Upon check-in, our room wasn't clean despite the fact that we reserved the room months ago. This morning our "free continental breakfast" consisted of a piece of toast cut in half with jelly and butter. We then placed an order after which I had to get up twice to request service, once again to ask for cream for my coffee, another time to get syrup and then again to get the bill. This afternoon we come back to the room to see that it once again hadn't been cleaned. When we called the front desk, the woman working there hung up on me mid sentence. After which I walked downstairs to speak to the manager and his response was sorry about that?! The head housekeeper had nothing but excuses so the morale of this story is....keep looking!

• Stayed: August 2011