The location of the hotel is great close to the Miami Beach area.
We both understand that not every hotel can be a new one and years at times are visible in some areas. As much as we were both positively surprised on the simple but nice way how new life was place into the operation with some very unique ideas.
Sound proving in the bedrooms did not work out and you can hear everything that does happen around and on top of you. This in our opinion was the biggest down side of us staying in this property.
The pool, outdoor restaurant & bar, the spa and other areas are well polished up, prices are in line with pricing in generally in Miami, F&B did do a great job even so the place was packed each and every day we spend here. The quality of Food and drinks was good to perfect, service good and as friendly as can be.
For us the room rate was a little out of line keeping the room product in mind 350 usd is a good price if sound proving would be done well, the way it is now we feel it is over priced for what you get during night while trying to sleep. The room product is the issue.
Overall however a nice place to be, try to have an open mind and keep the kids at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach
- The Standard, Miami Miami Beach, Florida